Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The pill is ruining my sex life!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok one good point bout being on it so far

the condom split the other day when my boyf had cummed - that sooooooo svaed the day

but the thing is, im still having very light bleading i really thought my period would have finished by now. i dared have sex when iw as on really light at my house but my bf wants me to go around to his and i can not/dare not have sex at his even though he says he doesnt mind, i need a pantiliner in but that kinda kills the mo - one sec ill just take it out and run down stairs to your loo and flush it!! :(

how long do you think this is gonna last? im fed up of being on my friggin period!:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Are you taking it on schedule every day without fail?

One time, I was on for 14 days...finally talked to my doctor and she said it was because I wasn't keeping it on a strict schedule.
  • Options
    How long have you been on for? and how much longer has this period lasted compared to normall?
  • Options
    eeeeeek not really strict, but its always in the morning
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    How long have you been on for? and how much longer has this period lasted compared to normall?

If you answer these questions we could be much more helpful.

When did you start the pill? Cos it can mess these things up in the beginning.

Are you meant to flush pantyliners? Or am I just confused by what you meant?
  • Options
    i have been on the pill for a week, but a friend of mine was on her period for a month.

and my period is like four days, 5th day really light

now i have been on it a week
  • Options
    lol, it can do things to your periods in the first three months. Did you not get this explained to you?
  • Options
    I'm male so i may not be interly (sp) correct, but doesn't it take a while after first taking it for your cycle to settle down again and for your body to adjust to it? Seeing as you are new to taking it, its probably normal.
    This might help? Pill
  • Options
    You've only been on the pill a week? And your period's only a couple of days longer?

I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'd been taking the pill for 6 months and been on for 14 days when it's usually 3...that's when I called my doctor.

Your period will regulate like clockwork if you really stick to a strict schedule(a one hour range). I aim for 8pm everyday and at least keep it between 7:30-8:30.
  • Options
    I normally end up taking mine a couple of hours late, once even ten (oops, lucky for that 12 hour window) and my periods are fine...well, as fine as periods can be.

I just have a crappy memory.
  • Options
    Don't stress yourself hun, a week is quite normal. Stop being so impatient, you'll probably be able to have sex by the weekend!
  • Options
    When you get back on the regular schedule it shouldn't be heavier, although may last longer.