Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

i know im all new and pathetic but...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
whenever i try to start up a RELATIONSHIP with a lad (see, its relevant) i really seriously cannot chat to them normally. i go off on one about...something strange. conversation ends, most times, with -

"...and thats why crocodiles dont have fur."
"Look ... Emsie, I'm sure you're very nice, but I think you belong in a Loony Bin, quite some distance from me. Please."

...see? can any lasses suggest ways to talk calmly to lads who make you weak at the knees, (no reference to the one down the chippie, heh) or any lads tell me how they would like to be approached by a lass? any help here would be helpful im sure, and while im trying to find my feet here i may as well make use of you people, right?

Comments

• Options
    hmmmmmmm ok, i think i just about got that.
    Maybe find out what the lad likes? ask him what his interests are and find something in common that you can both talk about?
  • Options
    Here's a guarinteed way to strike up a conversation
    (This is top notch stuff, I should charge you)
    One sentence and he will think you're great & make him feel great too !
    Wait for it .................................................................

"Hi, Im thinking of buying a second hand car (Or my mum/sis if you are too young), What do you think would be a good first car to buy?"

We're simple creatures & by asking this question you are letting him be all macho & blokey while thinking he is helping you and it is a good way to then move onto real conversation.

Aside from this, Don't worry too much about it, the fact that you are going and talking to guys you like is a really good thing, & most blokes will be more than flattered by your attention.

Good luck !
  • Options
    Actually, if I was approached by a girl telling me why crocodiles don't have fur, I'd be instantly interested and charmed. Quirkyness can be a great attractant (word?) at times...

or is that just me? I do, afterall, seem to have a history of falling for people who talk about themselves in the second or third person.
  • Options
    I'm a bit like you, I'm in my own little world half the time, and I've been known to talk utter bollocks about the most stupid things. Half the time I dont even know I'm doing it.

Personally, I'd much prefer to be around someone who talks random stupidity, than someone who goes on and on and on about things that I don't care about.

Just be yourself and you'll be fine. I'm sure there are just as many guys out there who'd prefer to listen to the things you talk about than be stood there listening to some self-absorbed cow going on about what a great person she is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by atomic brian
    I'm a bit like you, I'm in my own little world half the time, and I've been known to talk utter bollocks about the most stupid things. Half the time I dont even know I'm doing it.

Personally, I'd much prefer to be around someone who talks random stupidity, than someone who goes on and on and on about things that I don't care about.

Demon cucumbers! :p

And as for you evilemsie I think I need to add you to msn. :p:D
  • Options
    "...and thats why crocodiles dont have fur."

so why dont they have fur?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Anti-Christ
    so why dont they have fur?

Presumably because if they did, they'd be tapiers. Or something like that.

(side note; did anyone see the baby tapier on the news... Awwwww......)

(sorry)
  • Options
    why don't they have fur? hehe, surely if this is you being yourself that is great and if they dont accept you for it then do you really want them that much that you have to be false when you're around them?!?!
  • Options
    Anyone who can explain why crocodiles don't have fur sounds OK to me.........

If you try pretending you're something you're not in a relationship it'll backfire on you eventually, you're better off being exactly who you are and finding someone who can accept that.
  • Options
    crocs don't have fur because they're reptiles. duh. :rolleyes:

iv honestly never thought that me being in EmsieLand (its okay, they know me here!) pretty much permanently could be attractive! though i suppose i do like it a lot in guys too. and btw, just because occasioanlly i don't talk bollocks doesnt mean im being false, it means that i dont like you :p heehee...if i had my way the whole world would be purple, my hair is, and i think im going to go play Deep Purple and other ancient rockers at full blast to amuse myself...headbang around my room for a bit :D catch y'all later
  • Options
    i ALWAYS talk about weird things!! i cant help it its just the way i am! i dont think theres anything wrong with it it just takes people a while to get used to me!! i know what u mean though it can be really embarrassing if ur talking to a guy you really like and u think to yourself im talking total crap oh my god hes looking at me like im really weird...think of something normal to talk about!!!...think think!!! and then they make ANY excuse to get away from you...sobsob!! the only guys who dont run away are the ones i end up being friends with!!! ah well...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    yes! right there! thats exactly what its like! i can be chatting inanely away to someone handing me chips over a cou ter and the most sane thing i can think of to say is

"So, where do you work?"

and i get tongue tied.
    "Can I have a portion of kiss and a sattered bausage please? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh!"
  • Options
    hehe you're mad!! that's so kewl any guyz gotta like that!! you seem really kewl :) id just laugh with ya to be honest rather than at you!! you dont wanna change yaself just stay as you are you raaaaaaaaaaaaaawk!!!

altho i get the whole always being a joker shit, that really aint too kewl, trying to be serious to a group of mates who think everything you say is a piss take aint too easy.

but still dont change! i like ya as you are :D
  • Options
    and ... breathe.

nah mate, try being taken seriously by anyone when your 5ft 3, and shake and go pink when you get mad! its even difficult to get yourself noticed in convs as everyone has to look down to see you...biting their ankles sometimes works though. not often. hmm. now i feel depressed about being shortarsy. all my mates are over 5ft 7. nyeh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by evilemsie
    yes! right there! thats exactly what its like! i can be chatting inanely away to someone handing me chips over a cou ter and the most sane thing i can think of to say is

"So, where do you work?"

LOL! its awful isnt it?? some guys appear to be charmed by it but then they turn out to be psychotic stalkers!! you know, the ones who decide they love you when they barely know you!! but other than that im always saying the most stupid things ever if its a guy i actually like! when its not i can sometimes be kinda witty and sometimes...gasp...even funny! but if its a guy im really into im just like...so...did i tell you about the time i..(insert something really stupid/embarrassing/or just plain awful here) then i get THE look...the your not quite right in the head look! then i know ive been talking too much! its just like whenever i open my mouth i say something really weird or stupid!! i sympathise with u emsie!! id like to say it gets better...but i dont think it does...!!! lol i think you just need to keep being yourself though hey its the best way to be!! ...personally im happy in my padded room...:D
  • Options
    hee hee hee, tis all true (unfortunately) yeah, they look all charmed and like how sweet , same as when you walk into lamposts etc...and then they turn out to be mad axe murderers or something equally disturbing!
    these are the list of looks iv put together that iv been on the receiving end of:
    (as u sed) You aren't right in the head.

Go back to your cell in the Loony Bin.

Go away, and leave me the heck alone. Please.

Erm ... (he starts edging away and muttering about keeping her away from the knives)

*Breaks eye contact very deliberately* I'm sure you're a very nice girl, but I really don't tend to date evil psycho women from hell.

seen that movie "Evil Woman"? its very good. I'm not psycho like her though, I'm psycho in a good way. :D I think the best impression I ever made on a guy was falling into the shop, talking about the hip differences in dinosaurs, totally screwing up the money i gave the poor lad, and falling back out the shop again. :rolleyes: Best has got to be the PO Boys concernt i went to...got up on andy's shoulders, flashed at the band and had lots of luvvly cheap booze thrown at me. Yum. oh yea, and the Dr Feelgood gig where i was kind of competing with another chap for who could dance the fastest/weirdest/most violently and karate chopped someone in the neck. Whoops.
  • Options
    don't worry

being qurkie is the best. From what it sounds like your as normal as the rest of us. I never say the right things, and yes I have put myself in a right pickle sometimes, but if you can laugh at yourself about the funny things then thats better thanrunning away all shy.

Stay young, have fun and be yourself. None likes someone who pretends to be something else.
  • Options
    LOL!! i mostly get the your not right in the head look!!! its kinda funny when you see them communicating with their mates through eye contact and tilting their head violently like you wont notice that they are gesturing to their friend to come and save them!! what can i say im used to it!! no ive never seen that film...it sounds..interesting!! i dont know the worst ive been probably when i was drunk cos i talk lots more shite then!! i remember when i finally met a guy i liked though and he bit my wrist! ouch!!! it REALLY hurt!!! i had to bang his head off the wall to make him let go!! it was like having one of those..gerbils.. biting your finger! you know the harder you try to shake them off the firmer their grip gets?? ahhh...that was bad!! needless to say i never saw him again after that!!!;)
  • Options
    worst is when i relaise im talking rubbish and try to make sense but end up going shy and sort of going "My my, what interesting shoes I have."
  • Options
    *giggles* I look at clouds and say. 'Ooh look at that cloud'.

Once in Meadowhall when I was with this guy that liked me and I ran out of things to say I looked at some girls bag and just said 'Oooh, I want that bag it's so pretty'. And then I pointed out some girls trousers that I had and how she was wearing them wrong (don't ask). I'm easily excitable so he just trundled along while I pointed out all these things or while I talked non-stop.

He laughed at me. Apparently my freakish behaviour made him fall for me more though. :confused: Things never work the way you want them to.
  • Options
    *grins broadly at evilemsie*

You remind me of someone I used to know...

Guys do like a certain element of quirkiness, or so I've been told. I wouldn't try to change yourself, you seem wonderful just as you are emsie :D
  • Options
    hee hee, i think that all iv deducted from this is -

I'll never get lads, they're too weird.