Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't think I want to stop....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have self harmed for about three years, I'm 13 and suddenly all the scars are annoying me, it's ruined some friendships and I feel like I should stop, but I'm not sure if I actually want to. I know it'll be hard but I've grown so used to it. Please help.
Isy :) xxx

Comments

• Options
    what made you start, and what do you get out of it?
  • Options
    Whats making you not want to stop?
  • Options
    Firstly it's really good that you have posted and are looking for some help.

This link could benefit you :)

Does anybody know about your self harm? You have mentioned friendships being ruined, is that cos they have found out about your self harm? I think it's great your looking for support.

Stopping self harm is hard, it becomes part of your life. It's hard to just stop and it's normal to have some uncertainty about whether you actually want to stop.

I know how you feel, for me it is about if I stop fully I am coming out of my comfort zone, and also about me not being in control, but the reasons why somebody doesn't want to stop is different for each person, just sharing my own experience.