Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Career dilemma

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's your local council administrative section. They're in charge of education, health and social services and children's services, so they'll be able to provide you with information about SEN services and jobs in your local area.
  • Options
    where do I find them? like the local town hall, maybe.
  • Options
    Google "local authority for [insert where you live]" and you'll be able to find the relevant contact details :)
  • Options
    Thank you my lovely :)
  • Options
    It came up with the council page, I think thats correct.
  • Options
    Yep, through that you'll find links for children's services run by the LA and also their expectations
  • Options
    I will have a look tomorrow properly :) Thankies! :D
  • Options
    Just an update, Today I had my appraisal at work. It went really well I have overachieved on certain targets and I have achieved on all of them. I am really happy. I spoke to my manager about my passion for working with children with special needs, she is going to sign me up for a SENCO training, and then take things from there.

I have been looking at the link that ella, posted for me. I think it's something that I want to do. My manager is going to support me with my decision, she mentioned degrees and stuff, but by that point I got really confused, and wasn't to sure if I have the intelligence. But on the whole my appraisal went really well.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Just an update, Today I had my appraisal at work. It went really well I have overachieved on certain targets and I have achieved on all of them. I am really happy. I spoke to my manager about my passion for working with children with special needs, she is going to sign me up for a SENCO training, and then take things from there.

I have been looking at the link that ella, posted for me. I think it's something that I want to do. My manager is going to support me with my decision, she mentioned degrees and stuff, but by that point I got really confused, and wasn't to sure if I have the intelligence. But on the whole my appraisal went really well.

This is such good news Claire - it really sounds like holding out for your appraisal was well worth it - as well as getting a bit more clued up on the area you're passionate about. Nice one! :)
  • Options

Congrats
  • Options
    Thanks helen. The support and advice ive recieved from ts on this has been really beneficial to me.
    Thanks scary monster :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2