Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you find therapeutic?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Think this would go here...

So my question to you, what do you find therapeutic?

I personally find cleaning therapeutic, no idea why! Also the smell of bleach is amazing so that could be a big reason, I guess you're swooshing around and feeling of being 'free' whilst cleaning (if that's what you find therapeutic otherwise it probably sounds mad!)

I also find staring at candles therapeutic too haha!

Comments

• Options
    Cleaning is good, but I think for me it's in the same category as making furniture or mowing the lawn. A job well done is satisfying, and the effort to complete the job may have been high, but it got done and that's good.

It's often something that seems big but can be done in a period of time that makes it easier to see the progress made as well.
  • Options
    Definitely! I'm basically playing ''the floor is the lava'' for the sakes I've just bleached it haha! I love it though :)

Mowing the lawn is good, the fresh smell of cut grass is the best!
  • Options
    Cleaning definately is, maybe not while im doing it but i love sitting down in a nice, clean, tidy environment afterwards.
    Also cooking as well can be stress relieving, especially if you get a really good result at the end of it
  • Options
    I find baking therapeutic :3 and nommy :yum:
    I think its the thing of taking time to make something and making it look and taste good and the mixing and stuff takes away anger, well if does if you're like me and bash the mixture :P
    and then when its done and your like yayyy i made something =O

and cleaning too i find is good :P

and painting on me walls :p
  • Options
    Colouring in patterns could be really therapeutic as well :)
  • Options
    i find driving very therapeutic its so relaxing just driving along listening to ur music :) xx
  • Options
    Driving through nice places, visiting the park/field next to my grandparents house. It's my favourite place in the world because my brother and I would often go up there after school until our mum finished work and we nearly always had it to ourselves. It's such a peaceful place to go to especially after a horrible time at school due to bullying. Plus it's full of family history, I always feel safe there and I can feel close to my grandad as he would often walk up to see what we were doing/tell us to come in. I prefer it to visiting his grave, it's much more connected and personal than a mass graveyard
  • Options
    Kittens and baking but NOT baking kittens !!
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Kittens and baking but NOT baking kittens !!

Yes, this. My cat's such a calming influence.
  • Options
    I forgot my dog! She's seen me through so many tough times, cuddling her always makes me feel better
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Rearranging my books/ cleaning room. Especially when you get rid of lots of stuff.
    Note taking on an interesting subject
    Collecting quotes
    Really long walks and the peaceful happiness after, especially with a cup of tea. :thumb:
    Finishing a really long essay and feeling like "Yeah. Fuck you." :yes:
    Cooking/baking
    Quiet, contemplative solitude
    Reading-V.Interesting and relaxing, or sends me to sleep. Either way is good. :d
  • Options
    Me and watching other people rip the piss out of our latest trunt (think chillax) fluxed.
  • Options
    Hooning my motorbike around the Sussex countryside on a warm summers day; touching myself inappropriately. Not at the same time, natch.
  • Options
    Hooning my motorbike around the Sussex countryside

Not the back road that goes from Stone Cross to Hailsham. Something about that road and killing bikers.
  • Options
    Writing in my diary. Drinking my coffee. :d Listening to my fav. songs, while I'm drinking coffee. Talking to my gf for hours. :)

Sometime just sitting alone and watching sunset with some song playing on my ipod or while i'm having my coffee.
  • Options
    Hooning my motorbike around the Sussex countryside on a warm summers day

Oooh! I so wanna do that, my friend has a motorbike and he lends me sometime, I enjoy a lone ride too. :)
  • Options
    I find sleep quite therapeutic. And Walking and listening to music, and also listening to people typing, the sound relaxes me.
  • Options
    Not the back road that goes from Stone Cross to Hailsham. Something about that road and killing bikers.

I'm more a West Sussex than an East Sussex man, as far as motorbiking goes, but will remember that one and be wary!
  • Options
    *simba* wrote: »
    Oooh! I so wanna do that, my friend has a motorbike and he lends me sometime, I enjoy a lone ride too. :)

If you ever find yourself in Brighton drop me a line! Just about to buy one of these beasts: http://www.motorbikespecs.net/images/Suzuki/GSXR_1000_K3_03/GSXR_1000_K3_03_2.jpg
  • Options
    If you ever find yourself in Brighton drop me a line! Just about to buy one of these beasts: http://www.motorbikespecs.net/images/Suzuki/GSXR_1000_K3_03/GSXR_1000_K3_03_2.jpg

Woah! That's like 1000cc bike, wow!! That's super amazing. I'd love to ride it. I'll surely drop you a pm if I come to Brighton. :)
  • Options
    Btw!! My frnd has a Royal Enfield thunderbird...which's like 500 cc so, I guess 1000cc will be big and heavy for me...still I'd love to try. :)
    This is pic of Royal Enfield.

thunderbird500_slant-front_black_600x463_motorcycle.png

I :heart: Motorbikes....Some of the best moments of my life were going on long drive, mostly alone.
    My parents never allowed me to buy a motorbike and my gf's too damn scared that I break my neck or something. But, whenever I get a chance I borrow from my friend and go on a ride. :d
  • Options
    Listening to music and going for walks.

Oh, and getting in to bed after changing the sheets and showering.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Fishing & hunting
    Playing and walking with the dog
    Tinkering with my motorbike. Definitely more therapeutic than riding it. Riding motox is a serious workout.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm more a West Sussex than an East Sussex man, as far as motorbiking goes, but will remember that one and be wary!

The B2104. There's triangular junction Cottage Lane (appropriately for me :) ) and Glynleigh Road. If you go there, it looks like the priority is for Glynleigh but it's not, it's the B road. Did you get stuck in traffic last night in Brighton, just been watching the breakfast news and Brighton seafront, eeep !
  • Options
    The B2104. There's triangular junction Cottage Lane (appropriately for me :) ) and Glynleigh Road. If you go there, it looks like the priority is for Glynleigh but it's not, it's the B road. Did you get stuck in traffic last night in Brighton, just been watching the breakfast news and Brighton seafront, eeep !

Cool. Cheers for the heads up!

I managed to make it home, but my poor workmate was stuck from 6pm until about 1am on the A23. I think he was starting to eye up the roadkill...
  • Options
    I find walking along the canal very relaxing as well, it's one place I always go when I feel shitty!
  • Options
    I find walking along the canal very relaxing as well, it's one place I always go when I feel shitty!

I don't like to walk by myself. So I steal my friend's dogs. They are very big, and very lovely. They are american bulldogs, like this AmericanBulldogCoreah.jpg
  • Options
    i find having a nice warm bath helps, with candles and bubbles, music too. :thumb:
  • Options
    Long hot bath and a glass of wine usually helps :)