Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shockawave flash crashing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heyy guys,

Shockwave flash is constantly crashing and it's driving me insane. I use google chrome, and windows 7 starter. When I'm on google chrome, shockwave flash must crash at least 3 or 4 times a day.

What can I do?? It's so annoying, it makes my whole computer freeze for ages and be mega slow.

Comments

• Options
    It does this to me too, only seems to happen in the evenings when everyones in so using the internet. Drives me mad
  • Options
    Chrome has flash built in, which can cause conflicts if you have the standalone install of flash running as well.

Type 'chrome: plugins'* into the url bar and, if there are two versions of flash, disable one of them.

*Without the space. I kept getting a smily because of the colon P Old Mad
  • Options
    I have adobe flash player and adobe shockwave player, which one do I disable?
  • Options
    I only have "Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.6.602.171" - so I'd suggest disabling the shockwave one first. If you have problems try swapping them
  • Options
    I only have "Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.6.602.171"

I only have that too... might have to just give in and swap to firefox. I only ever have problems with chrome :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I have adobe flash player and adobe shockwave player, which one do I disable?
    Just making sure: Are you in chrome too? Shockwave (different than Shockwave Flash, strange as that may be) is an "old" thing that went out of use long before chrome existed.
  • Options
    This is what my plugins look like:

2puTg5A.jpg

I disabled the Chrome specific one; you can tell by looking at the file location.

Solved my crashes.