Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lush Products

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently trying to turn my beauty routine more natural and cruelty free, so I'm quite interested in Lush products. I'm interested in their shampoo bars (ultimate shine) face wash (ultrabland and angels on bare skin) and their deodorant bars. Has anyone got any experience with any of these? I'll also be reviewing them on my blog.

Comments

• Options
    I use the blue salty scrub, the it's raining men shower jelly, the i love juicy shampoo and veganese conditioner. these are the things with which I can help you.
  • Options
    I love the deodorant bars, but they fall apart on me! Would probably use the powders instead.
  • Options
    Angels on bare skin is really good. Lasts ages, you only need the tiniest bit and you mix it with water.
  • Options
    i love aqua mirablis
  • Options
    i LOVE lush. I prefer to bath bombs, or the comforters :D
  • Options
    I used to love lush but I'm not a fan of the fact they still use SLS, parabens and some petrochemicals. I still love things like ceridwen's cauldron, their face masks, the perfumes and some of the bath bombs. It's just a pain that I find a lot of them really drying. :(!
  • Options
    Yeah I've noticed a lot of their stuff still has SLS. Looking forward to seeing how they work though, everyone says their stuff lasts for ages too so whilst they're a bit more expensive to buy it works out cheaper in the long run.
  • Options
    That's definitely true! I've started using naked stuff for my hair, still using lush shower gel - the winter one they had, twilight is the best thing to get me off to sleep!!
  • Options
    The bath bombs dont taste as nice as they smell!

They fizz on your tongue.
  • Options
    Lol!! I have made a couple of edible copies of lush products
  • Options
    Their lip scrubs are basically caster sugar and a few flavouring oils. Could make them for next to nothing
  • Options
    Angels on bare skin is really good. Lasts ages, you only need the tiniest bit and you mix it with water.

I second this. I also like the shampoo bars (though I prefer shampoo bars from another company) and the tea tree toner is lovely.

I do not reccomend the solid conditioner, Jungle. I couldn't get it to lather or do anything.

Sonic Death Monkey shower gel smells awesome too.
  • Options
    Does conditioner usually lather?
  • Options
    Mine never has!
  • Options
    Mine neither.
  • Options
    i used to use ultrabland as make up remover and it suited my sensitive skin well, but it got more and more expensive over the years and now i use nivea or simple and they work just as well tbh. i would probably go back to using lush if i could justify the cost but i can't really at the moment. the only skin product i really invest in is my clinique moisturiser that my skin literally drinks in, and i ask for it for my birthday and christmas so i don't actually buy it myself very often. everything else has to be a bit cheaper.

my ultimate lush favourite is the snowfairy christmas range :yes: and i think everybody loves a nice lush bath bomb. the bubble bars are better value though because you can get two or three baths out of each one. generally for me lush products are a treat, not an everyday thing.
  • Options
    I've started making a lot of my own stuff because I'm so sensitive to almost anything chemically! It works out a lot cheaper!
  • Options
    There's loads of tutorials online. I struggle to find the time to do it, but my friend makes his own soaps and they look amazing.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    my ultimate lush favourite is the snowfairy christmas range :yes: and i think everybody loves a nice lush bath bomb. the bubble bars are better value though because you can get two or three baths out of each one. generally for me lush products are a treat, not an everyday thing.

Me tooooo! I totally stock up over Christmas. I got 10 baths out of a little bit of candy mountain bubble bar. I find if I'm stingy with it I can make it last ages and all it does if you use loads is make the bath smell stronger!
  • Options
    Finally went out and bought angels on bare skin and I love it! I want to try their dream cream next as I've heard people raving about it being good for psoriasis. Interested in their deodorant bars and powders too
  • Options
    I found the deodorant bars really good, but they went a bit scabby and fell apart after a while, but have been meaning to try the powders.
  • Options
    Angels on bare skin and the deodorant powers are really easy to make! I'll find the links to the instructions and post them up.
  • Options
    I've also just bought T'eo and liking it so far. :)