Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Washing machine issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Beko wm5100w won't drain. I have tried to reset the machine, I've tried to get the pump started and nothing happens. I've recently re-plumbed it after moving, and I'm not sure what to do next. I have checked the filter and its clear. I'm not sure its in guarentee still as its been in storage for a while, and I have no money to get it fixed.

Help!!!

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I apologise if I sound patronising, it isn't my intention but have you checked that nothing is blocking it? Are you able to disconnect the waste pipe and try flushing water through it manually?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When it was re-plumbed how was the drainage set up? A blockage in the outlet pipe such as a cap on the pipe or waste stack would prevent the machine from trying to drain out. Also the outlet pipes tend to have to loop over a certain height and back down to the waste outlet.
    Theres no cap on the pipe at either end, but I think the looping over a certain height might be the issue. Is there not a plastic bit which clips onto the outside of the pipe to loop over that height?
    Possibility that the pump motor might be borked.
    It is making a funny noise. I really hope not! There's no blockage, it's not even attempting to drain. Argh!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Washing machines arent actualy that complicated. worth having a go at fuxing it yourself

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/fix-it-yourself/washing-machine-washer-dryer.html
    Weekender Offender 
    We've just moved house, have you moved into a new build? If so check the bit on the sink the waste hose is attached to. Our wm wasnt working either, checked under the sink and the connector when unscrewed had a small plug in it.
    Not a new build but its a council flat so you never know! I'll have a good look at it after brekkie!

I haven't washed my clothes properly since december - its all been by hand since then, so I'm desperate to get it fixed!
    the problem is either
    • the pump is broken
    • the drain hose is kinked/trapped
    • something is wrong with the house plumbing
    pull the machine out (as far as you can with the water connected, disconnect the drain hose and having it empty into the sink (if it is near enough or a washing up bowl and large pan)
    It was the plumbing!

there wasn't just a cap, the pipe was fully sealed so I had to get someone to cut the end off and hey presto! We have a fully functioning washing machine!

Thank you all for pitching it, if it wasn't for you guys I might have ended up having to pay for someone to come and do something that was actually really simple.
    Called it!
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Called it!

Pretty sure I called it first, but you can have this one if you want. ;)
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    It was the plumbing!

there wasn't just a cap, the pipe was fully sealed so I had to get someone to cut the end off and hey presto! We have a fully functioning washing machine!

Thank you all for pitching it, if it wasn't for you guys I might have ended up having to pay for someone to come and do something that was actually really simple.
    Nice one!