Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What to do....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, a quick potted history.

About 3 years ago, my HIV consultant got me, through my GP, an emergency appointment with a psychiatrist at a place called Ten Acres. Spoke to a psychiatrist/ologist/therapist and was diagnosed with borderline personality. She told me make an appointment in 6 months and i asked 'And what do you want me to do ?'. She said 'I don't understand'. so i said 'Well you haven't prescribed me anything, you're not reffering me to anyone/thing else, so you want me to sit at home with my disturbed thoughts and wanting to kill myself.' To which said bitch replied 'You can if it makes you feel better' and walked out the room. Thanks for that.

So, fast forward a year (so this is 2 years ago). Same HIV consultant was worried about me so got another referal through my GP at the same place. I made and then they cancelled 6 appointments, 2 of which were cancelled on the phone just as i was about to leave for the appointment. So i just gave up.

Now, fast forward to last week. Saw my HIV consultant, a different one, and he was worried about me noggin, what i was thinking etc and wrote to my GP. GP's called me up to make an appointment, spoke to a new GP (nice guy) told him about me head etc and he said i definitely need to be on something/therapy etc but as he is (quite naturally) not a psychiatrist i needed another assesment etc and he'd quite happily prescribe anything the psychiatrist wants.

So, monday i get a call. Didn't answer it as it was a witheld number and there's a message to call this ten acres place. Called them right back was told all the nurses are busy can they call me back that afternoon. I said it'd have to be after 4pm or tues morning as i get tired from the hiv/meds etc have a lie down and that it's important to me as i only get 2-3 hours sleep of a night, to which she says ok.

Tuesday morning this nurse calls about 'the problems im having being tired on my drugs'. So i asked who she was and where, she says she's from ten acres, so i asked why she was concerend about my HIV drugs as she's not connected to an HIV clinic. Which she replys to by putting the phone down.

So i called back a bit later. And after running round in circles with the same dipshit I tell her I need an appointment with a psychiatrist (strange how she couldn't work that out for herself).

So. Today i received a letter asking me to call them to make an appointment, why the fuck couldn't it of been made on tuesday we'll never know. Called them up, was aksed, afetr a 10 minute wait, could they call me back as she's doing a letter and if she gets up the appoinments she'll lose it (yeah maybe save it ya lazy bitch?).

She calls me back and gives me an appointment for 3pm in march, i explain i can't do afternoons, im too tired, and that i need a morning appointment. I say i appreciate that as im asking for a specific time, i may have to wait longer for an appointment but that's ok. To which this bitch replies 'You can't just pick and choose your appointments you know' and puts the phone down.

So, wtf do i do. I don't want to call them back because i'll probably get arsey (which i think you dear reader can appreciate) but i need to see someone to get some therapy started.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If your new GP is being helpful - I'd suggest giving them a copy of the above and asking if they can help you get a realistic appointment.
    Id want to report them to someone. For a start, that is outrageous treatment.

Secondly talk to your nice guy GP about how you're being treated and get him to bat for you.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Id want to report them to someone. For a start, that is outrageous treatment.

Secondly talk to your nice guy GP about how you're being treated and get him to bat for you.

yes and yes, also would the HIV consultant be able to contact them directly for you? if you're feeling really shit then all this chasing them about can't be helping. and the requests you have made about appointment times are completely reasonable.
    I'm sure your GP would be appalled, I'd go back to see your GP and see if he can arrange the appointment for you. I know our GP launched a few rockets when my SO got that sort of rubbish.
    that is crazily awful service. i'd want to report too but can understand it may be unnecessary ball-ache. definitely let the gp know about the insanity of that place especially as they are probably referring quite a few people to that backward clinic. hope it gets sorted RS
    PALS!!!!!!

Get them (patient advice and liason service) involved and write down all the people you have spoken to, when and what was said and also tell them your consultant is involved too. That should get a boot up their arse.
    Thanks for the replies, nice to know more than just Leigh gives a fuck about me. :)

Called my GP, he's on holiday but the practice nurse said she do what she could. Called my HIV consultant, he was busy so spoke to his secreatary and explained it all and she said she could do what she could.

Went for a sleepy yesterday afternoon and woke up to 5 messages on the answerphone !

1. GP's nurse got a doctor to call and give them a bollocking
    2. HIV consultant 1 phoned them and gave them a bollocking (current clinic)
    3. HIV consultant 2 phoned them and gave them a bollocking (current clinic)
    4. HIV consultant 3 (previous consultant who got me the 2 original appointments and who i didn't contact over this, so must of been my current consultant as i know he knows her) phoned them and gave them a bollocking
    5. Ten Acres arsey bitch applogising and saying several people had phoned up, concerened about me so she'd made me an appointment for 9.45am in a month and could i call back to confirm.

I will take this further, i'll try PALS as you say coz i really dont have the energy to pursue this on my own.

Thanks

XxX
    I really like the amount of bollockings they got :D well deserved
    Well i did have a giggle from the last message. I'm seeing.......Dr Butt :D
    oh how unfortunate :lol:
    I would second complaining to PALS. I've had that kind of treatment and ignored it because I didn't have the emotional energy to complain but I wish I did.

Mind have an advocates service who might be able to help, too, so that you don't have to keep going it alone.
    Winner

Piccolo, go back to sleep.
    we all give a shit about you kevvypops :heart:
    Bollockings administered, I'd leave it there - for now. If their patient care skills continued to be unsatisfactory despite these interventions then I'd not hesitate to take it further.
    Whoop.

Glad to hear that you've got an appointment. Well done you for getting the right people on side. Hopefully they'll now have a note on your file that reminds them they need to be super nice to you.
    What a bunch of CUNTS

So, went for my appointment this morning. Dr Butt, should be arsehole calls me in and I bring Leigh with me. She asks who he was so told her and she said she'd like to see me on my own. I said, because of what had happened at the clinic before I wanted a witness to what was said and done and I just wanted someone with me as it was my 1st time meeting this doctor.

She said again that she wanted to see me on my own and I said no, and now im starting to get agitated which I do when people don't listen. She then said that there's a med student in the room and was that ok to which I said no. She said they have to learn blah blah and I said I appreciate that but I still didn't want them there. She said again that the student will be there again i said I don't want them there. So she says again that she wants to see me on my own and I said no. Im getting really fucking angry now because shes not listening to me, her patient.

I said something on the lines of 'please stop asking me to see you on your own, I don't want to and I don't have to and if I want someone else there I will' to which she replied words to the effect of 'well why do I have to do what you want' to which I replied 'well, im the patient and what I want is more important than what you want' or something like that.

To which she, the cunty cuntface arsewank shit fuck twat says ' Why are you being abusive, I will not stand for being abused' ?????? Where the fuck did that come from.

SO it degenerated from there and I walked out saying, in general not to someone specific, 'what a bunch of cunts'

So I fucking give up. Leighs lost half a days pay, I feel like shit and there's probably nowhere I can get treatment. With everything that's happened there why would I ever want to go there again.

So I made leigh go to work as he can get some hours up on his flexitime and im stuck at home. Cold, pissed off, angry and really down. I want a hug, and some soup and someone I can chat shit and slag Dr arseface off to.
    That is outrageous. more complaining required.
    Hug huge for you!

What she did was absolutely negligent - you are always entitled to a chaperone and to say no to a med student being present. I think both you and Leigh need to write down exactly what went on and talk to PALS ASAP. If they don't do anything then I think you need to take it to the ombudsman because I think this is getting to sacking territory.

Hope you're ok though, it's a load of shore when people don't listen when that's their job!
    that is really awful. I thought it was normal practice to actually invite you to bring someone in with you if you need to. I seriously wonder how some of these people get the jobs. definitely complain, or get Leigh to do it if you can't face it. speak to whoever is in charge and they will be able to allocate you to a different doctor. you probably don't feel like you want to do that now but they should organise it for when you are ready. there is also a chance that you could be transferred to a different site altogether. there is help there for you, the way you've been treated is inexcusable but they aren't all like that. FWIW in my experience psychiatrists have been the most challenging MH staff to work with, nurses, therapists etc have been much nicer.

*hug*
    This is for you RubberSkin
    greggs-sausage-rol_1554361c.jpg
    Big hug from me.

Sounds like telling your nice consultant about this, and probably PALS would be a good idea.
    Hmmm pastry

Thanks all :)

Head a bit buzzy with it all but will post about what im gonna do over the w/e. Does anyone know somewhere that does discount meat cleavers, hack saws and black bin bags ? :D
    oh kevvy, there is no excuse for how they are treating you.
    In all honesty, it does sound a little like you are abrasive with them from the start, which is never a good way of getting your needs met by officials, but despite that, you are still only asking for things you should be entitled to

xx