Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm not sure what to do about it...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been calling myself depressed for 2 years now...I started when I had my first suicidal thought. I've had self-esteem issues for most of my life, it really started getting bad in grade 4 (im in grade 10 now). My depression has gotten progressively worse, I'm at the point now where I've been having a brief suicidal thought at least once a week. I also push my emotions deep down as my way of dealing with them, and my family bullies me. They say "grow up and stop being such a baby" every time I start crying because of what they have said. I haven't told my family about my depression, why would I if they bully me? Why would you show your bullies weakness? Because of everything that's been going on, I started cutting myself.

Basically, I'm wondering, what do I do know? I know cutting is wrong and everything, but right now it's the only way to feel good about myself. I've told very few people about it, and I'm not at all comfortable telling my family.

Comments

• Options
    I would defo advice going to see your doctor, there are so many ways in terms of therapy, medication etc that could help your situation. It's really unfair of your family to treat you that way but as I've had to learn the hard way and still find it hard to take and believe is some people just don't get it or want to get it even if u try every way possible to explain it. You have to forget what anyone says and look after number 1 ie you and do what suits you and feels right :). I understand maybe contacting ur doctor might be anxiety provoking but a good fraze I try and go by is "just do it" as cheesy as it sounds lol. The more u think about something the more anxiety provoking it is. If u just do it and then think about it afterwards you will be pleased that u had the courage to do it and u can ask yourself what really went wrong in doing that? Also the more u face the anxiety, the more it will reduce. Hope that helps in some way
  • Options
    how would you feel about telling a professional?

could you do that do you think?

i think it's great you realise your feelings, and that the cutting is bad

i think it's best to get it looked in to now- because it can very quickly develop

good luck ((((hugs)))))