Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Freemasonry...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should also read Jon Ronson's "Them", it'll do you some good.

:yes: I was quoting anecdotes from this at Fiend earlier. Brilliant journalist.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    No, I'm a woman, that's why not all chief inspectors are masons, that's why not all boards of directors are masons, that's why the monarchy can't be controlled by freemasons. Because freemasons, don't allow women.

Also, it's still not really possible to prove a negative. It is up to you to prove a positive.

Boards of directors - how many women make up these boards?
    They are in the minority, hence what i said about the freemasons.

They do not want women on the boards because women are too sensitive and would wistle blow about the corruption.
    Simple.

How many leading roles do women take?
    Chief constables etc.....?

How many women are in parliament?

Freemasons have always run things and it is the male dominance
    which casts light on this fact.

Even the church, freemasons ( lucifer worshippers , in effect)
    are clearly running things because they do not allow women into
    the higher ranks. Hence what i said about wistle blowing.

In effect, the church is run by lucifer worshippers.

We must open our eyes to the contradictions of our society.

By the way, my proof is there in full. Those of you who argue against
    me, need to offer some substance now, to prove me wrong.
    But how will you do this when history clearly recorded that our
    monarchy runs freemasonry & the church at the same time.

And it goes back a long way - even before the reformation of the
    church.

''The Order is based on the historic records of the life and the legend of King Athelstan. The focus of the Order is to show how this early reference to the importance of Masonry in English history was significant for the development of speculative Freemasonry.

The Masonic Order of Athelstan portrays the story of a Master Mason being called to York in 926 AD to receive the Ancient Charges from the king. Throughout its ceremony the ritual contains a great deal of symbolism that is still seen in some Lodges today and a great deal that is not currently worked.''

http://athelstan.org.uk/

And what about business, and the currupt freemasons ?

''Time to lift the apron: Pressure is mounting for the Freemasons in big business to reveal all. Patrick Hosking reports.

ON THE first Monday in February and December, and the third Monday in April and October, an anonymous collection of men, carrying plain briefcases, make their way to 86 St James's Street in Westminster, London. They are members of the Black Horse of Lombard Street Lodge, a secretive group of Freemasons who have one thing in common: they all work for Lloyds Bank or have close connections with it. ''

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/time-to-lift-the-apron-pressure-is-mounting-for-the-freemasons-in-big-business-to-reveal-all-patrick-hosking-reports-1552542.html
  • Options
    fluxed wrote: »

I'm crap at debating but clearly you don't know the first thing about it either. You don't go making accusations or statement then say "If you think I'm wrong, prove it".

I could say that TheSite member 'fluxed' is a convicted chicken sexer (I'm not, but bear with me). For that accusation to make any sense I would need to show verifiable and reliable proof such as a link to a reputable news source reporting about your day in court.

So far all you have done is link to biased and self-serving website as well as claiming a particular website is run by solicitors when if fact it's little more than a law-based Google service. And posting a link to a news article from over 20 years ago really feels like you're scraping the barrel.

And then when people pull you up for this you simply accuse them of either being freemasons themselves or 'deluded'.

Let me guess, you often go to websites and are faced with this sort of resistance? You won't win any converts from here either unless you back up your views with verifiable evidence.

By the way, you deciding something is 'evidence' because it fits your agenda does not actually make it 'evidence'.
  • Options
    Some standard gumpf.

Aww, I was worrying you weren't gonna come back and play some more.

For the record, you haven't actually provided any proof, just hear-say and conspiracy nonsense. It's nice that you've added some casual sexism to your hand though.

Do you know what actually bothers me? That the chancellor of the exchequer's degree is in history, not economics, or business. "Things that bother me" is quite a long list, and no-where on it appears "freemasons".

I straight up don't care about some old-boys club, because the one that actually has an affect, is the political old-boys club, at least 18 prime ministers of the UK went to Eton for example. We've had our first female prime-minister, where's the first one who went to a state comp?
  • Options
    I love the conspiracy nuts. On the one hand the New World Order are concerning themselves with important matters of state. And on the other they're taking time out from running the world to persecute a bloke in Dorset for speeding.

But of course they are.

I can't stand bankers who force our economy down the drain.
    Oh look, they are freemasons. And they protect each other in crimes
    which is why none of them have been prosecuted.
    Oh look, even if taken to court, the judges are freemasons also.

It is a question of preperation. If you deem truth as a conspiracy, or those who expose it, nuts, you will remain un-prepared, in the dark.
  • Options
    ''Lawyers, policemen, doctors, members of emergency services, military personnel, social services staff, politicians, judges, dentists, tradesmen, vets, council executives, postmen, religious leaders, care workers, etc, are all known to belong to Masonic lodges but are they doing good or are they abusing your trust?

If you write to your local lodge and ask for a list of members we guarantee they will ignore you. If you make a Freedom of Information request, you will probably get the same result. If you get a positive result, take it to your local MP and ask if he is a Mason.

If you get nowhere, you will know for sure that everything we say is true. Next, you must knock on the door of your local lodge and ask them questions. Make sure you have a witness, voice recorder and video-cam. Ask them for details of their membership or about someone you suspect of being a member. They probably won't tell you.''

http://www.name-n-shame.co.uk/freemasons.php

Does this sound like justice? Is this fairness? Democracy?

Time to wake up peeps.
  • Options
    I can't stand bankers who force our economy down the drain.

Me neither, bunch of bastards as they are.
    Oh look, they are freemasons.

What, all of them?
    And they protect each other in crimes

Yes, because that way their own dirty work stays covered up.
    which is why none of them have been prosecuted.
    Oh look, even if taken to court, the judges are freemasons also.

Maybe they are. But that is no reason why anyone is 'let off' from a crime.
    It is a question of preperation. If you deem truth as a conspiracy, or those who expose it, nuts, you will remain un-prepared, in the dark.

If you deem a conspiracy as truth or those that debunk it as nuts, you will remain paranoid and clutching at straws.
  • Options
    ''Lawyers, policemen, doctors, members of emergency services, military personnel, social services staff, politicians, judges, dentists, tradesmen, vets, council executives, postmen, religious leaders, care workers, etc, are all known to belong to Masonic lodges but are they doing good or are they abusing your trust?

If you write to your local lodge and ask for a list of members we guarantee they will ignore you. If you make a Freedom of Information request, you will probably get the same result. If you get a positive result, take it to your local MP and ask if he is a Mason.

If you get nowhere, you will know for sure that everything we say is true. Next, you must knock on the door of your local lodge and ask them questions. Make sure you have a witness, voice recorder and video-cam. Ask them for details of their membership or about someone you suspect of being a member. They probably won't tell you.''

http://www.name-n-shame.co.uk/freemasons.php

Does this sound like justice? Is this fairness? Democracy?

Time to wake up peeps.

Have you heard of the data protection act? If you went to a gym and asked for their membership list or someone who was a member they'd tell you to do one.

That's normal, you're turtles all the way down.
  • Options
    Have you heard of the data protection act? If you went to a gym and asked for their membership list or someone who was a member they'd tell you to do one.

That's normal, you're turtles all the way down.

Yes but the gym does not get elected to represent us. Use common sense please.

Police, politicians, judges etc.... should tell us whether they are freemasons or not - do you argue this?

Also, the other posts you just ignore. Hmmmm.....

I have plenty of reliable sources and as i said, i will prove you
    to lack substance.
  • Options
    I do argue this, police, politicians, judges etc., have a right to privacy. There's nothing wrong with being a freemason.

I would love to see your reliable sources, because you haven't posted any yet.
  • Options
    Yes but the gym does not get elected to represent us. Use common sense please.

Police, politicians, judges etc.... should tell us whether they are freemasons or not - do you argue this?

Bullshit. It is not up to any Masonic lodge to supply us with a list of its members. It has no legal requirement to do so and as with any private club they have the right to tell you to stick it.

I have plenty of reliable sources

So why do you choose to unreliable and biased sources instead?
  • Options
    But how will you do this when history clearly recorded that our
    monarchy runs freemasonry & the church at the same time.

Where have you posted any proof of anything other than that Freemasons exist and are a bit weird and are effectively just as powerful as the Old Boys Eton network?
  • Options
    CM Punk wrote: »
    Hang on I thought it was the Illuminati that ran the world. Now you're throwing the New World Order in to it as well? How do the Freemasons feel about this? Will we have a 3 horse race for supremacy? Will we get a vote? If one group fails to get enough votes will they negotiate with one of the others to form some kind of ...coalition?

Ah, you should read Jon Ronson too, he explains it all very well. Amusingly too...
  • Options
    Yes but the gym does not get elected to represent us.

Elected? Look at your list again - Lawyers, policemen, doctors, members of emergency services, military personnel, social services staff, politicians, judges, dentists, tradesmen, vets, council executives, postmen, religious leaders, care workers...

Only one group is elected.

Still waiting for evidence that all of these people are freemasons and that they are part of a massive conspiracy to do the rest of us down.

Absence of evidence suggests that you don't actually have any. I'd happily debate this if you could actually offer anything more than opinion. (NB not refuting of wikipedia link I gave earlier?)
  • Options
    MPs and judges and postmen are members of Costco. They will sometimes meet in the rotisserie chicken aisle. Costco won't tell me who is a member.

Fuck me, Costco are ruling the world.
  • Options
    I'm actually in charge of Europe, tough job.
  • Options
    well nothing can be proved. Its not a pet topic so i'll leave you all to your ridicule, but i still agree with flux
  • Options
    I'm going to ridicule this guy because he's being an idiot reguritating every whacko conspiracy nut website on the web. Do you really think someone is going to bully some non-entity in Dorset over a £60 speeding ticket?

If he was talking about Propaganda Due maybe I'd listen, but he's not. He's wanking on about Whackjob Steve who thinks the New World Order are out to get him via the medium of a speeding ticket.

People in power tend to congregate with others in power. They dine at the same places, they play golf at the same clubs, they go to the same secluded villas on holiday. Freemasonry is very much part of that I'm sure, but its a bloody big jump to go from that to claiming they're all plotting world domination and worshipping Lucifer.
  • Options
    i dont think thheyre all worshipping lucifer. I think they all protect each other at any cost and push each other to the top
  • Options
    I'm not convinced frankly, that freemasonry is anything other than an old boys club like eton alumni, frankly if there were any substance in it, there'd be some real evidence for it.

Old boys clubs exist everywhere. I retweeted a request for filling in a survey today for the sole reason that the requestee was at loughborough uni. Lufbra is for life etc. *shrug*
  • Options
    yeah nothing wrong with complete inequality in society and one rule for them, another for the plebs, eh
  • Options
    Seems fine to me, so long as I'm not a pleb.

Look, no-one is saying it's ok to get ahead when you lack merit, but the hard truth is sharing an alma mater with someone still means something, even if it's just a little bit.

I'd like to know why 18 or so PMs are from eton, why the only female PM we've ever had only got the job because she acted like a man, and where the hell all the MPs from comprehensive school backgrounds are. We've made a lot of progress in terms of who's at the top, more progress must be made, but there's just no evidence whatsoever that anyone is conspiring to maintain the status quo, because frankly, if they are, they're doing a really shitty job of it.
  • Options
    i think theyre still doing a pretty good job of keeping it always the same tbh and in their interests. The only difference is now, with the advent of the internet and people so connected, people are beginning to see through it
  • Options
    Who's "they"?
  • Options
    i think theyre still doing a pretty good job of keeping it always the same tbh and in their interests. The only difference is now, with the advent of the internet and people so connected, people are beginning to see through it

I totally agree that vested interests have a hand in maintaining status quo. However, it's a massive leap of faith to go from that to a conspiracy so huge (without any evidence supporting it) which suggests a New World Order (in this case run by the Freemasons) is busy running the world, Area 51, starting wars for profit etc whilst at the same time worrying about giving people speeding tickets.

There is also the question of circumstantial evidence, post hoc ergo propter hoc.
  • Options
    do you not think wars are started for profit ???
  • Options
    I'd like to know why 18 or so PMs are from eton, why the only female PM we've ever had only got the job because she acted like a man, and where the hell all the MPs from comprehensive school backgrounds are.

I went to a comprehensive school and I wouldn't trust myself or any of my schoolmates to run the country.
  • Options
    do you not think wars are started for profit ???

No. Not really.
  • Options
    why do you think we start wars with certain people and not others?
  • Options
    I went to a comprehensive school and I wouldn't trust myself or any of my schoolmates to run the country.

ah case settled then!
This discussion has been closed.