Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

ingrowns and redness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so im a shite shaver!! i shaved my pubes for the first time the other day, i wussed outta waxing, now im wishing id done that as i cant see how it cud hurt more, just one swift pain and its over, but this shaving crap is killing me, i got loadsa red marks, are these ingrowns? what are the implications of ingrowns and the red marks? how can i get rid?? do i gotta pluck ingrowns and will the ever be "out"growings? hehe on my face i shave against the grain to achieve maximum smoothness, but the first time i shaved my pubes i put the same thing into practice but those bastards are just so bloody strong! hehe so i decided that for the first few weeks, month or so, to go "with the grain" and then attempt shaving upwards. im considering waxing, but should i let it grow a bit longer before trying this? and i feel i rite twat goin into a shop and buying it, also it stinx and the screams will just make my family aware of what im doin in the bathroom. i've read that using conditioner is pretty good before ya shave... any truths?? and im leaving a few days inbetween shaving for a month or so to help the skin heal and toughen up which i guess it will do over time?? get used to it i take it. but anyway..... ingrowns how can i get rid of ingrowns and red marks and prevent them in the first place?!?!?!?

cheerz

z3r0

Comments

• Options
    Hello - welcome to TheSite. This is a question that has been asked many times before, so try doing a search. It's the grey button at the top right of this page.
  • Options
    Re: ingrowns and redness
    Originally posted by z3r0
    im considering waxing, but should i let it grow a bit longer before trying this? and i feel i rite twat goin into a shop and buying it,

I'm sure most people would just assume its for your legs?
  • Options
    i had a lot of ingrowns when i plucked my pubes, i just waited for a bit then plucked them out (kind of had to dig into the skin though) yeah conditioning before shaving is good..hmm other advice i've been given.

put a hot flannel over them for a bit first to open pores.

shave in direction of hair growth then in the other direction.

use a moisturiser afterwards

i cant believe your going with the idea of waxing..........:eek:
  • Options
    Off topic i know, but i had to ask you nic....

Has anyone ever told you that you look alot like Nathalie Portman? (facially anyways).

Very cute pics!
  • Options
    Shaving both male & female seems to be all the rage here.

Shaving like you do your face is bad. Although I se an electric razor so I can't really say. My most recent trim seems to have been the best so far. No itching (itching does seem to get less the more often you shave) no redness, nothing.

Go with the grain until only small stubble left then go across & slightly upwards, gently. Us shaving foam each time you start again. Use moisturiser afterwards. Enjoy the after-effects (looks better feels better)