Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

does this site have an ignore feature?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
while i don't intend to use it right now, for the future.. wondering if it does?

on other sites my mental illness has got me in to lots of arguments with members... especially when it's playing up, and i don't want that to happen here.

so i'd like to know if i needed space, if i could ignore someone (maybe just for a while)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes its possible to block other users
    click on the user name, selct 'view profile' then on the left 'add to ignore list'

hello ?

HELLO ?

are you there ?

:D
    um yes i'm here.

lol

i mean in case i want it for the future
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Lady Emily,

The issue with setting someone to ignore, or you setting someone in ignore, is the person you have set on ignore, can still see the posts you've typed. But, you won't be able to see there posts, but if you do have someone set to ignore, and they respond to your thread, you have the option of 'Viewing' the post, without unblocking them. But if you looked around you profile, you would find the ignore feature pretty easily. Also, if you've had issue's on other sites, best to read TheSite.org good manners guide to ;) But best to keep in mind, if you do block someone, they can still see what you post,

Best wishes
    Angel
    **Angel** wrote: »
    The issue of someone setting you on 'Ignore' or you setting someone on 'Ignore' is the person you set on Ignore, can still see your posts, and the you have the option off looking at their posts if you wanted to, without un-ignoring them...So, in all fairness, pointless really, but yeah, ignore feature is quiet easy to find, but keep in mind, the other person can still see what you post :heart:

Best wishes,
    Angel

Useful, i wish i could know how many people blocked me.
    (can you see why i thought you were a mod now ;) )