Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the pill/period question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on microgynon 30. iv missed around 5 pills this month (I know, I'm rubbish?!) when I missed the pills I didn't take them late or anything, just left them in the packet. I'm on my 7 day break about to start my pill again tomorrow and I haven't had a period which is really weird for me. I took a pregnancy test earlier today that was negative. should I just start taking the pill again like normal tomorrow? I'm paranoid because I remember the doctor telling me it could really harm a baby if you carry on taking it when pregnant. I know iv done a test but what if it was too early to detect it or something? getting a bit paranoid really. iv read the pill instructions and it says if you don't have a bleed and you've taken all the pills correctly there's nothing to worry about but if you haven't, take a test just to be sure. so iv done that, is that all now? thanks x

Comments

• Options
    I would start back on your pills as normal (assuming you want to prevent pregnancy!) and repeat the test in a week or two.

A lot of people accidentally take the pill while pregnant, and the babies are fine! As far as I know it's not harmful at all :)
  • Options
    oh I see, I wonder what I remember her telling me then?! I always thought it must be quite common to accidentally be taking it. it was a double pack so I guess I can take the other in a couple of weeks. thanks kaff :D i must admit I am taking it a bit half heartedly, a baby wouldn't be the worst thing in the world right now, hehe.