You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Any fitness tips and fundraising ideas for charity!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...madly I have decided to sign up for Moonriders 2013 in aid of a charity called "Stamp Out Suicide!" - It is an overnight cycle ride from London-Brighton so approx 60 miles-ish!

Any advice from those of you, who have trained for long distance fitness-y things would be very much appreciated? I have heard that your not supposed to actually cycle 60 miles in training but should be looking at being comfortable to cycle around 45-50 miles..not sure how true this is??

Also any fundraising tips would be greatly appreciated as I have to raise a minimum of £300! I have planned - sponsorship posters and forms, a JustGiving page, a raffle, a bake sale, possibly a ladies night, a tea and cake afternoon...

I am taking part with two other family members so between us we need to raise £900! :eek2:

Comments

• ReenaReena Fanatical Poster Posts: 1,375 Fanatical Poster
    No good with the fitness stuff hun, but I like charity fundraisers.
    Here are some ideas:

A silent (or normal) auction -you could auction off donated items, or charge a small fee for each item and they keep the rest

Bag packer (ask a local super market 1st) -help people with their shopping and if they feel generous make a donation

Comedy night/ open mic night/ karaoke -people pay to participate/ pay to get in

Guess the teddy's name

How many sweets in the jar?

Chocolate tombola -or any kind of tombola you like

Higher or lower game -playing cards (A4 size would be best) get to the end by guessing each card to win

Pub quiz -entry fee

Games e.g. coconut shy/ target/ tins -if you were making a day of it

How quick can you get all the balls from one box to the other? -quickest wins -doesn't have to be balls

Danceathon -sponsored zumba perhaps

How many t-shirts can you get on in a minute? -most in a minute wins -doesn't have to be t-shirts (: can be big granny pants

Sexy cops! -guys/ girls pay to be hand-cuffed to a sexy cop for 10 minutes (not real cops, that would be a misuse of resources) (:

Hope that helps xx :yippe: