Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Any fitness tips and fundraising ideas for charity!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...madly I have decided to sign up for Moonriders 2013 in aid of a charity called "Stamp Out Suicide!" - It is an overnight cycle ride from London-Brighton so approx 60 miles-ish!

Any advice from those of you, who have trained for long distance fitness-y things would be very much appreciated? I have heard that your not supposed to actually cycle 60 miles in training but should be looking at being comfortable to cycle around 45-50 miles..not sure how true this is??

Also any fundraising tips would be greatly appreciated as I have to raise a minimum of £300! I have planned - sponsorship posters and forms, a JustGiving page, a raffle, a bake sale, possibly a ladies night, a tea and cake afternoon...

I am taking part with two other family members so between us we need to raise £900! :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    No good with the fitness stuff hun, but I like charity fundraisers.
    Here are some ideas:

A silent (or normal) auction -you could auction off donated items, or charge a small fee for each item and they keep the rest

Bag packer (ask a local super market 1st) -help people with their shopping and if they feel generous make a donation

Comedy night/ open mic night/ karaoke -people pay to participate/ pay to get in

Guess the teddy's name

How many sweets in the jar?

Chocolate tombola -or any kind of tombola you like

Higher or lower game -playing cards (A4 size would be best) get to the end by guessing each card to win

Pub quiz -entry fee

Games e.g. coconut shy/ target/ tins -if you were making a day of it

How quick can you get all the balls from one box to the other? -quickest wins -doesn't have to be balls

Danceathon -sponsored zumba perhaps

How many t-shirts can you get on in a minute? -most in a minute wins -doesn't have to be t-shirts (: can be big granny pants

Sexy cops! -guys/ girls pay to be hand-cuffed to a sexy cop for 10 minutes (not real cops, that would be a misuse of resources) (:

Hope that helps xx :yippe: