Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

please help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello
I don’t post on here much nowadays but I just feel so upset right now so I think I should get it all off my back.

My boyfriend who I love dearly keeps on upsetting me, I don’t think its intentional he just never listens to me, when ever I’m upset he goes off or he just says a few sweet things like it’s going to cover up what I feel inside.
I guess I’m just being selfish if I want to be the most important thing in his life, I can’t expect him to be like me. He puts his job and his friends before me, he isn’t committed to me like I am him. I guess just want to feel important to him and to feel loved cause he is anything but romantic. Plus it’s a long distance relationship and I only see him every few months so I feel it’s even more important he acts loving towards me.
All my anger and upset is building up cause he refuses to talk to me when I’m like that, I don’t think it will end very well if this continues. :(:confused::(
Am I being stupid and selfish? What should I expect from our relationship? I need help! :confused:

Comments

• Options
    You're not being selfish at all, it's only fair to expect your boyfriend to listen to you, especially when you're feeling down about something.

It's a bugger when you think you're the only one in the relationship who is comitted, and I suppose it's even harder for you with it being a long distance relationship.

Try and talk to him about it, if he refuses to talk about it, then you might have to think about ending the relationship. I know its probably the last thing you want to do, but if he's not listening to you, and it's making you miserable, then the longer you let it go on like this, the more unhappy you're gonna be.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Is that you snugglebunny????!!!??!
    You sound just like my girlfriend.
    From a guy's point of view i know what its like to be on the other end of the phone when she has problems and i dont always know the right thing to say. Guy's cant express themselves in the same way girls can and if anything we try to provide solutions rather than just listening and saying supportive things. Sometimes it is better talking through stuff with your girl-friends and just keeping him up dated. Thats probably all it is, not that he loves you any less.