Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Random Acts of Kindness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I done my 'random act of kindness' today, by buying a homeless man a cup of tea to warm him up, cos surely he must have been freezing!

What random act of kindness have you done? *hug*

Comments

• Options
    That's really sweet of you Sophieannnn.
    Don't know if it's kindness or not but i help with homeless dogs. :D
  • Options
    pink girl wrote: »
    That's really sweet of you Sophieannnn.
    Don't know if it's kindness or not but i help with homeless dogs. :D

It's definitely kindness! :)
  • Options
    Any time I buy myself lunch in town I always buy at least one homeless person something too. There's two that I regularly buy sausage rolls for now, they are always so grateful.
    I felt really bad today because I saw one of them in town but I didn't have enough money to get him anything, but he did have a cup of coffee so hopefully he was at least warm for a few minutes.
  • Options
    I helped a old lady with her shopping at the shop earlier, she was very grateful. :)
  • Options
    These are all great, it really doesn't cost much to help someone out, even if it's a one off thing :)
  • Options
    These are all great, it really doesn't cost much to help someone out, even if it's a one off thing :)

I agree :)

Feels good to be able to do something for others. :) and make somebody else smile
  • Options
    I did two things today:
    First I saw a van with it's side door (the slidey one where you get your tools) open so I pulled my bicycle over at the roundabout and pointed at the side of his van. Eventually he got the picture and by doing a speed up/quick slow down got it to shut it's self. Earned myself a thumbs up from him!

Next when the bus pulled up there was a guy running as quickly as possible in the icy slushy snow for it too, so I fumbled around with my money for a bit longer than usual so he could catch up and not have to wait 30mins in the cold! Don't think he realise how close he came to getting left behind!
  • Options
    That's great, purpledhaze! :D
  • Options
    I bought some dog food for a homeless guys dogs last week and had a chat with him for a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    Homeless people are honestly a real eye opener! Well, I think they are :')
  • Options
    I gave the chocolate bar I bought to break my last tenner to pay my share of the gas bill before I went home for xmas to the big issue seller outside. I needed to keep my change to pay the bill and for the trip home but it was cold and wet and I figured he deserved it more. Also while I was home and out with my friends in the city a homeless guy asked us if we could help him out in any way and we all gave him a quid. He must have been in his 60s and was really lovely and really grateful and said it was nice not to be ignored for once. Since I've become good friends with someone who was homeless for several years it's opened my eyes a bit more. Obviously I can't afford to give to every homeless person I see (there are loads of big issue sellers in my city) but I will do it every now and then.
  • Options
    i bought the local long term homeless guy a sheepskin coat from a charity shop the other day as he sleeps rough and is always in rags. I always chat to him. He cant stay in any hostels as he apparently has a tendency to try and set fire to things. I made him promise to not set fire to the coat.
    Ive also struck up a little friendship with the old man from a few doors down who is very doddery and sweet and cant really get out in the snow.

IMO Noone ever becomes poorer by giving.
  • Options
    unless youre giving to skagheads ofc. They will bleed you dry
  • Options
    i bought the local long term homeless guy a sheepskin coat from a charity shop the other day as he sleeps rough and is always in rags. I always chat to him. He cant stay in any hostels as he apparently has a tendency to try and set fire to things. I made him promise to not set fire to the coat.
    Ive also struck up a little friendship with the old man from a few doors down who is very doddery and sweet and cant really get out in the snow.

IMO Noone ever becomes poorer by giving.

That's lovely! I always give what I can to the person that sits outside Superdrugs, I always see him, and will always have a chat with him, I guess what most people miss about people being homeless is how much they've been through and how inspiring they can actually be!

Great that you was able to give him a coat :)
  • Options
    Really loving reading all the kindness acts on this thread. Great thread Sophie :)
  • Options
    This is really a good thread. This thread reminds me of a friend who loves to read personal development books and always pursuing us to do some random act of kindness which is really good. She?s really kind that sometimes people take advantage on her characteristic.
  • Options
    Helping friend who's in need despite of having a really busy life is I guess an act of kindness that I've done.