Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Soreness after sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been having sex now for about 18 months or so with my bf and he has been my only partner. We were both first timers so we dont use condoms as I am on the pill and we dont have any STI's!

The problem I have is that after sex I am usually really quite sore down below for a good few hours afterwards, sumtimes even longer. Its not down to lack of lubrication coz during sex its always plenty wet enough! This isnt really a problem but obviously I would rather that I wasnt sore and was wondering if any1 esle gets this or if any1 has any tips to ease/prevent it?

Also, since starting my sex life I have suffered with on/off bouts of cystitis and now aswell, I have had thrush twice in 2 months!! Its really annoying and I hope to god it doesnt come back again (and yes I have treated him aswell as me!) - any1 got any advice??

THANKS!

Comments

• Options
    Follow Link

Hi ya,

There is a lot of useful information on The Site's information section.

You might like to try this link to begin with: http://www.thesite.org.uk/info/sex/other_sex_issues/painful_sex.html

Cheers,

Sq.
    Mod.

:cool: :cool:
  • Options
    hmm yeah tried that, nothing I didnt know already!! I was just wondering if any1 else gets these problems or if I am just waaaay unlucky!!

LMAO Graham Norton is so funny.......sorry, drifitng off the point!
    Anyway, any help would b fab!

TA X
  • Options
    Umm maybe you are being to rough!!
  • Options
    My x gf of 4 years and I used to have sex quite regularly...she was a virgin when we met...i wasnt....she also would alot of the times be very sore after sex for the next few hours too....she also got thrush a couple of times and it can be caused by having alot of sex....even just this last weekend a girl and i had a sex marathon all weekend....she had to go doctor cos she got a urine tract infection and the doctor told us that it was from having too much sex....
  • Options
    Bummer.......that happenned to me too, when I first started out - u'd think as sex is such an important activity designed to repopulate the species then there wouldnt b so many bloody problems associated with it!!

Ah well......my mother says its coz my body isnt ready so its reacting badly or sum shite......I am 18 tho so I'm sure its as ready as it will ever be!!
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean, i get exactly the same problems - less so with the soreness after sex (though sometimes i am, i think it's cos i'm just not wet enough, you might want to try using a lube, cos i thought i was wet enough and used a lube and it really helped). I used (when i was actually getting some :() to get a UTI practically monthly, and they were bad so i had to get a prescription too - it got to the point where i just had to ring my doctor and she'd just write me out a prescription without seeing me! (and then they'd give me thrush :rolleyes:!) All i can say is the same advice you'll have been given already - go to the toilet before and after sex, don't wear tight underwear, etc, etc, which isn't helpful, but at least you know someone else goes through the same (fucking annoying) problems as you do!