Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

5 week course, help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, so I just got a phonecall offering me a 5 week course which covers some of the units in the apprenticeship after the 5 weeks...

It starts on Wednesday, and like that's short notice, I'm not ready at all. I don't have to do it, but I'm thinking it could be a good thing.

They reimburse and pay me anyway, but it's people thing, I end up really quiet to start off with, and this could fuck all my chances up.

Helllppp?? Do I take the offer and start Wednesday, or do I wait for the next opportunity?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is the people thing really going to be any different next time around?

This way, you've got today and tomorrow to get ready for it, without having too much time to worry about it. Sounds perfect.
    Take It!
    Is the people thing really going to be any different next time around?

Guess not! Time to brave it and go for it?
    Guess not! Time to brave it and go for it?

I think so. You'll be scared either way! And you've got Becki for support when it gets tough.
    Yup, I had to tell the woman that I have appointments, and she said I'd really only be missing 2 sessions so it shouldn't be too bad, and if I gave them notice it should be fine. Or it's stop with Becki for 5 weeks...
    If you keep putting things of and waiting for the next opportunity to do something it'll never happen because by the time you want to do it...its to late...So Take it now!
    Gonna go for it when she contacts me tomorrow :D
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Best of luck with it Sophie :)
    Well done
    Good luck :)
    Best of luck with it Sophie. :)
    Thank you, lovelies :)
    Good luck Sophie :thumb:
    Gonna go for it when she contacts me tomorrow :D

Superstar!
    That's that fucked up.

Bus I normally take to get to the place and back, is no longer running, which means to course, which means I fail again. I don't know why I bother.
    The only way I'll be able to do it is if I get up extremely early (5am) to leave the house by 6:45 to catch the bus to the train station, to then catch the train and basically run to the place where it will be... which would be a longer journey, leave me with lack of sleep, and probably make me late most days!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    You haven't failed at all, it's not your fault the cource has been cancelled, massive *hug*'s! Lack of sleep can be a massive impact on your mood, you could try going to bed quiet early, if you were interested, but it's focusing on weather you would be able to handle it, or not...*hug*'s - Keep us updated on how things are going for you! Could you look in to other opportunities you could do, that you might be interested in?
    which means I fail again.

Please to be explaining this logic?
    Please to be explaining this logic?

If I can't do something simple, then I can't make a positive life, which means I fail at trying to 'make' myself 'better'.
    Had Sue phone back also, she said it would be too much to get on a bus, then a train, then have to run to get to the course. Also, she said she'll keep a look out for opportunities closer to me. So I guess I should keep my head down and sleep all day and night again.
    Hey Sophie please don't feel like you've failed, circumstances change including simple bus changes which can make it really difficult to continue sometimes. I'm hoping something else comes up soon, but don't feel like you've done anything wrong here, it was completely out of your control xxxxx
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Hey Sophie please don't feel like you've failed, circumstances change including simple bus changes which can make it really difficult to continue sometimes. I'm hoping something else comes up soon, but don't feel like you've done anything wrong here, it was completely out of your control xxxxx

Thank you ShyBoy. I guess I saw it as an opportunity for everything to get better, and for me to lead a more positive life. Hopefully I can find something else to keep me going!xxxx
    ShyBoy wrote: »

This.
    Try and stay positive Sophie, the apprenticeship sounds good and hopefully Sue may find some opportunities closer to home. *hug*
    If I can't do something simple, then I can't make a positive life, which means I fail at trying to 'make' myself 'better'.

Processing...processing...

Nope. Still can't make it a failure on your part.

It's shit, and I know sometimes it's like the world is trying to stop you from succeeding, but it's definitely not a failure on your part.
    Just thought 'hey least I'll be able to do something, make friends, and live more optimistically' - blah don't care now. There's sure to be other opportunities.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It can't be a failure if it doesn't involve something you personally did wrong, like Franki is trying to say.
    In any case, better luck in the future. :)
    Don't be beat up about it. Took me 5 years to get the apprenticeship I wanted. Not the same situation but I 'missed' the original start date (September) because I was going on holiday during the start date. They told me I could join in the February (without guarantee) so I thought I might lose my place. But the day I came back off holiday they phoned me and told me to start the Monday (I got back the Friday). I had nothing prepared, no money and for 3 months during the apprenticeship I was losing money and getting myself in debt borrowing just so I could do it. I was close to being laid off the course because I refused a job I was offered (and only had a week to get employment). But I kept with it and stuck to my guns going for the job I wanted. Now I'm qualified and the IT Head at a primary school a year later!

Keep positive! Something will appear that's suitable for you!