Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What unpopular opinions do you have?

Comments

• Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    In my defense, that was Rubberskin, who is the victim of a terrible accident involving a duck, who mentioned the sun and the mirror.
    He also never said anyone read anything, and I get the feeling no-one except me and him do.

Oopsie! My family have always been sun readers aha
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Love isn't important to have sex with someone!! :angel:
  • Options
    *simba* wrote: »
    Depends on the person really, I tried to have a casual sexual relationship and just couldn't give myself to someone like that, I couldn't do it unless the love was there myself :p
  • Options
    He also never said anyone read anything, and I get the feeling no-one except me and him do.

Indeed, I never mentioned the readership or intellect of said readership. It's the attitude of the papers themselves that vilifies sex abuse and in particular paedophiles as the worst of the worst, that sex crimes are the worst and that anything we do with these perpetrators (hanging, castration, mutilation..) is fine and dandy.
    I have not ignored anything?

You ignored my original question
    I believed that this thread was about what unpopular opinions YOU have

It is.

my apologies for not realising it was to jump up & down on each other

It isn't. But you can't come out with a statement 'sex offenders should be tortured (and yes, what you proposed is torture)' without some comeback from the other posters. After all it is politics and DEBATE. If you look towards the begging of this thread there's some debate about the challenging of people's views in this thread. And sarcasm doesn't work on me, just makes you look stroppy.

That I do not like nonces or rapists & that's seems to be problem for you???

I fail to see where I've implied that. Please enlighten me.

IWhy should "they" get "rights" when "they" do no allow their victims the right to not be abused & violated?

As Fiendy and myself have said, because they're human. We automatically get HUMAN rights because we are HUMAN.

I have not said ANYTHING about hanging or beating anyone

I never said you did. I mentioned the incident of the paediatrician to highlight how some media and probably sections of society are so hung up on sexual abuse as the worst crime ever etc. Putting words or implications in my mouth is pretty poor debate.

I will not apologies for my opinions

No one, well me certainly has asked you to apologise for your opinion. You don't need to get so defensive because your opinions are challenged.

I do understand the human rights system just don't agree with nonces & rapists being labelled as humans

Well you clearly don't as you can't even grasp the criteria for people to have human rights.

there you go again making assumptions!

Well you clearly win this weeks Assumption Crown.

I will let you & your kind keep worrying about them & let's just hope that in your perfect world that you do not have to contend with anyone within your circle of family or friends be affected by the damage destruction & impact that they have.

There are a lot of people on these boards, myself included, who have suffered sexual abuse as a child or an adult. We know about the damage and destruction and the impact it has on people's lives, not only the victim but their friends and family too. You seem to be correlating someone's opinion to make sure people retain their human rights to giving sex offenders a free hand to abuse.

I think, as Fiendy said, Miss Riot has made the most pertinent post
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Many paedophiles were abused as kids themselves. Doesn't make what they do right, but I would say that these people need treatment and rehabilitating not torture. I have first hand knowledge of the impact that being raped has, but I don't believe in an eye for an eye and I don't think you can swap one crime for another to solve it, prevent it or justify it.

Everyone deserves human rights by default of being a human. It's what differentiates us from other animals. Everyone born of human is human. End of.
  • Options
    Rubberskin, who is the victim of a terrible accident involving a duck

I lol'd :)
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    Depends on the person really, I tried to have a casual sexual relationship and just couldn't give myself to someone like that, I couldn't do it unless the love was there myself :p

Aww!! You got bitten by love bug. :)
  • Options
    Well if you take a look in my bag rubber skin you will find a medal with your name on it! Thanks for taking the time to point out all my errors from 1 stroppy arse to another well done you ;0-)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I lol'd :)

I love you
  • Options
    Well if you take a look in my bag rubber skin you will find a medal with your name on it! Thanks for taking the time to point out all my errors from 1 stroppy arse to another well done you ;0-)

I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a fuck.

But you were wrong. I never implied you read said papers, wanted to hang paedophiles etc. You've made assumptions about me and what I think because you've had a stroppy fit and thrown your toys out of your pram because someone dares to challenge your opinion. Then you get on the defensive because myself and others have pointed out that you are wrong. The fact that you can't understand that people have human rights because they're human ergo can't be removed just mystifies me, which would probably explain your attitude.

Funny how you can post about what people have said about you but I can't post what you've said/assumed about me without you going into a hissy fit. Double standards anyone ?
  • Options
    I love you

It's only the thought of bed related pastry that keeps me going :)
  • Options
    Ok, I knew someone would say something along those lines but what about habitual offenders, who have no shame or problem admitting that they are sex offenders.
    :banghead:

Once upon a time people would have said the same about homosexuals and any number of ethnic minorities. Indeed I'm sure you could find people today that would argue that "immigrants" and "benefit scroungers" could also be used to test medication on.

Many years ago we actually did test the effects of our weaponry on a sector of our population - our armed forces.

Point is that we are supposed to value life. All life. No just those that we like or those that we understand. That way lie dragons my friend...
  • Options
    Aww!! You got bitten by love bug. :)
    Erm nope not really :) just dont think sex should be with just anyone, I have no problem with other people doing it but nah, not for me
  • Options
    Erm nope not really :) just dont think sex should be with just anyone, I have no problem with other people doing it but nah, not for me

Ah! So, you're those romantics ones. :d Nice to know. :)
  • Options
    Ah! So, you're those romantics ones. :d Nice to know. :)

It's hardly romantic to think that casual sex isn't an ideal.
  • Options
    It's hardly romantic to think that casual sex isn't an ideal.

This:
    I couldn't do it unless the love was there myself :p

This is why I think she's romantic. :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    I think you're confusing me with someone who gives a fuck.

But you were wrong. I never implied you read said papers, wanted to hang paedophiles etc. You've made assumptions about me and what I think because you've had a stroppy fit and thrown your toys out of your pram because someone dares to challenge your opinion. Then you get on the defensive because myself and others have pointed out that you are wrong. The fact that you can't understand that people have human rights because they're human ergo can't be removed just mystifies me, which would probably explain your attitude.

Funny how you can post about what people have said about you but I can't post what you've said/assumed about me without you going into a hissy fit. Double standards anyone ?

Lmao hissy fit , ooooh toys out of the pram ouch pot kettle black please do keep coming at me with it-it's amusing me :0-)
  • Options
    If child rapists mysteriously died nasty deaths in prison, I certainly wouldnt be shedding any tears for the fuckers, but I think planning on torturing them is taking it too far, even for my unforgiving, grudge-bearing self.
  • Options
    lmao hissy fit , ooooh toys out of the pram ouch pot kettle black please do keep coming at me with it-it's amusing me :0-)
    in other words it is ok for fiend 85 to make assumptions about me such as i am a sun/mirror reader (snob) that i do not understand the human rights legislation (snob) but is not ok for me to make my own assumptions. Anyhoo i believe that i am clearly seen as not educated enough to warrant having opinion on such matters so i am done.:banghead:

pardon?
  • Options
  • Options
    Lmao hissy fit , ooooh toys out of the pram ouch pot kettle black please do keep coming at me with it-it's amusing me :0-)

Well you have. Your view was challenged and you immediately went on an aggressive stance. You can't answer questions put to you. You've made assumptions about me, and others, and put words in my mouth meaning you don't know how to debate properly or you just want to martyrize (sp) yourself to make yourself look like the injured party. Personally i'd go for the latter. The fact you don't back up your opinion, you cast aspersions at people, you take things as a personal insult, you can't understand English and/or put a hidden meaning into what people write further urges me to the latter.

I'm glad i'm amusing you, I feel sorry for you. You're attitude is rather sad. Not everyone will agree with your opinion, whatever it is and you need to stop taking it personally. You certainly have the 'right' to have an opinion and to say it. But as you're so concerned about 'rights' the rest of us can challenge that opinion. You seem to be under the impression that people's view of you is coloured by an opinion that you have - hence your leap to saying people think you're uneducated. That's certainly not true in my case and probably not in any of the other people posting here either.
  • Options
    Anyhoo I believe that I am clearly seen as not educated enough to warrant having opinion on such matters so I am done.:banghead:

No one had said, up to that post, that you are uneducated, though i'm beginning to believe it.
  • Options
    If child rapists mysteriously died nasty deaths in prison, I certainly wouldnt be shedding any tears for the fuckers, but I think planning on torturing them is taking it too far, even for my unforgiving, grudge-bearing self.

This. Though I can't help but wonder if they deserve to keep their 'human rights' if they can't act like a decent human.
  • Options
    Going back to the comic relief and conservation thing.

I've got mixed thoughts on this. I genuinely believe that the majority of the damage that's being done to the flora and fauna in the 3rd world isn't deliberately malicious, and it's not through lack of awareness - it's through desperation.

If you support community development, useful trade, and structures that help eliminate corruption from the bottom up then my reckoning is that the conservation side of things will follow.
  • Options
    ^^ This

I remember sometime ago, a news report or something about the cutting down of rainforests in Brazil iirc. Most of the timber was hardwood so went to make furniture for us and there were people going on saying it should be stopped, save the planet etc. OK, so you get the loggers to stop cutting down trees and what are they supposed to do ? Sit there and starve ?

I'd like to see more long lasting things like vaccination programmes, building projects and education.
  • Options
    I think bottom up development is the remit of charities. To do that you need strong healthy communities were the water is clean (WaterAid), education is possible (Oxfam) and children survive into adulthood without dying of entirely preventable diseases. Comic Relief isn't perfect, but having watched a lot of the peripheral programs, I've seen a lot of the projects they do to improve the lives of people at the bottom with small scale businesses.

Top down pressure against corruption and human rights abuses are the remit of governments. And BOTH are necessary.

You need to both give a man fish and teach him how to fish for him to survive. Just teaching him when he is too weak to learn is nothing, and just feeding him leads to relying on handouts.
  • Options
    If child sex abusers and rapists were tortured, then they're more likely to take steps to make sure that their victims cannot incriminate them. Usually by burying them in a ditch or keeping them in a dungeon.

Rape is not as bad as murder. Giving it the same punishment just encourages murder.
  • Options
    Going back to the comic relief and conservation thing.

I've got mixed thoughts on this. I genuinely believe that the majority of the damage that's being done to the flora and fauna in the 3rd world isn't deliberately malicious, and it's not through lack of awareness - it's through desperation.

If you support community development, useful trade, and structures that help eliminate corruption from the bottom up then my reckoning is that the conservation side of things will follow.

So much is through lack of awareness, but there is still a lot of corruption. For example poachers in South Africa very rarely get prosecuted because the justice system is pretty screwed (what a reserve owner told me). And some poaching - especially rhino poaching often has highly organised crime involved, the owner told me they have the chinese mafia often flying over in helicopters looking for rhinos and that it's next to impossible to catch them. Then it goes on the black market for chinese medicine and god knows what else. The black market is a massive problem in conservation. A friend of mine went to China a few years back and said the markets were full of products that had obviously come from the black market, bear bile, live seahorses, medicine, loads of meat. I'm not sure how aware the people buying these products are, but if demand isn't killed then it's only going to continue. Though it baffles me how in china they pump millions into saving the giant panda yet will farm the bile from an asian bear, which is already classed as 'vulnerable'.
  • Options

LOL! Sam you do not believe that. :lol:
    Love you honey. :love:
  • Options
    *Jen* wrote: »
    LOL! Sam you do not believe that. :lol:
    Love you honey. :love:

:O Haww!! Shhhh....:P
    Love you too....:heart:
  • Options
    I don't care about things that intimidate men.