Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What unpopular opinions do you have?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I disagree, most of sub saharan Africa's problem is rampant, rampant corruption. Many African countries have significant wealth. It's just highly highly concentrated with little to no spend in public services or national infrastructure.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I disagree, most of sub saharan Africa's problem is rampant, rampant corruption. Many African countries have significant wealth. It's just highly highly concentrated with little to no spend in public services or national infrastructure.

I was watching the programme about Claridges during the olympics, and pretty much every foreign national stayed there, even those from 'third world' countries. Funny that
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

To an extent I'd agree, but short of invading and taking over there's little we can do about internal corruption. We can do things to allow them to trade and to invest which at least will help do something even if it doesn't fully solve.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I was watching the programme about Claridges during the olympics, and pretty much every foreign national stayed there, even those from 'third world' countries. Funny that

The problem isn't just corruption at the top, its at all level. Want to set up a market stall to sell some extra produce you've produced - you'll need to pay a civil servant for a permit and the police not to move you on or nick your stuff. If it was only corruption at the top its relatively easy to manage (plenty of second world countries like Indonesia were/are klepotocracies, but bribing the top man is a known cost of doing business and can be factored in the same way as energy costs)
  • Options
    I say why do we test anything on animals when we have sex offenders? Be it drugs, cosmetics, new surgeries etc makes NO sense to me to imprison them-they say they cannot help it & rehabilitation clearly does not work in this area, why waste time & money keeping them in prison or monitoring them, why not keep them in testing labs, let them finally be contributing members of society win win IMO :thumb:
  • Options
    We don't because they have human rights. Which we don't take from people for the same reason we don't execute them any more. Because the justice system isn't perfect and innocent people go to prison.
  • Options
    Ok, I knew someone would say something along those lines but what about habitual offenders, who have no shame or problem admitting that they are sex offenders.
    :banghead:
  • Options
    Why sex offenders ? I find murder a far more heinous crime, or terrorism and blowing people up.
  • Options
    Why not sex offenders? REALLY??? if by murder & people blowing up tourist you mean terrorists whilst I do not agree that's its ok to go about it this way-they at least have some misguided notion that they are furthering their cause, that they have been called upon to that crazy isht what cause does a sex offender have?
  • Options
    Answering a question with a question isn't debate. Maybe you should be an MP
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Answering a question with a question isn't debate. Maybe you should be an MP

Ha ha I'm nowhere near messed up enough to be an mp
  • Options
    You've also conveniently ignored Fiend's comment on human rights. We (you and me etc ) have human rights because we're of the human species. You can just remove a particular person's human rights just because they've committed an offense you find repulsive.

I've never understood this Sun/Daily Mirror attitude of 'Hang 'em high' towards sex offenders/paedophiles. I recall that mob of retarded cunts who beat up a paediatrician who put that on a sign on their office/house.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    You've also conveniently ignored Fiend's comment on human rights. We (you and me etc ) have human rights because we're of the human species. You can just remove a particular person's human rights just because they've committed an offense you find repulsive.

I've never understood this Sun/Daily Mirror attitude of 'Hang 'em high' towards sex offenders/paedophiles. I recall that mob of retarded cunts who beat up a paediatrician who put that on a sign on their office/house.

I have not ignored anything? I believed that this thread was about what unpopular opinions YOU have, my apologies for not realising it was to jump up & down on each other but in any case I'm neither a sun or mirror reader!

That I do not like nonces or rapists & that's seems to be problem for you??? Why should "they" get "rights" when "they" do no allow their victims the right to not be abused & violated? I have not said ANYTHING about hanging or beating anyone just that they should be made to be useful instead of a being a burden on society, I will not apologies for my opinions as that is my "right" & as far as human rights go, I feel it's a shame that so many have died in vein to get us theses rights that are now being so badly abused by any twat that chooses to spout drivel
  • Options
    "they" get "rights" because they're human. I have a feeling that you probably don't understand the human rights system if you think that it's an abuse of human rights to ensure prisoners are treated properly.

In addition, I think people who are repeat sex offenders are probably ill and should be treated not punished.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    "they" get "rights" because they're human. I have a feeling that you probably don't understand the human rights system if you think that it's an abuse of human rights to ensure prisoners are treated properly.

In addition, I think people who are repeat sex offenders are probably ill and should be treated not punished.

Well as I said you have your opinions & I have mine. As it happens I do think that prisoners have the right to be treated properly there you go again making assumptions! I do understand the human rights system just don't agree with nonces & rapists being labelled as humans but as your oh so understanding of their rights & needs I will let you & your kind keep worrying about them & let's just hope that in your perfect world that you do not have to contend with anyone within your circle of family or friends be affected by the damage destruction & impact that they have.
  • Options
    Many paedophiles were abused as kids themselves. Doesn't make what they do right, but I would say that these people need treatment and rehabilitating not torture. I have first hand knowledge of the impact that being raped has, but I don't believe in an eye for an eye and I don't think you can swap one crime for another to solve it, prevent it or justify it.

Everyone deserves human rights by default of being a human. It's what differentiates us from other animals. Everyone born of human is human. End of.
  • Options
    Well as I said you have your opinions & I have mine. As it happens I do think that prisoners have the right to be treated properly there you go again making assumptions! I do understand the human rights system just don't agree with nonces & rapists being labelled as humans but as your oh so understanding of their rights & needs I will let you & your kind keep worrying about them & let's just hope that in your perfect world that you do not have to contend with anyone within your circle of family or friends be affected by the damage destruction & impact that they have.

Look who's making assumptions now...

Actually, you don't understand human rights if you think that a particular group of people should be labelled as "not-human" because of what they've done.

Miss Riot makes two excellent points
    Many paedophiles were abused as kids themselves. Doesn't make what they do right, but I would say that these people need treatment and rehabilitating not torture.
    Everyone deserves human rights by default of being a human. It's what differentiates us from other animals.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Many paedophiles were abused as kids themselves. Doesn't make what they do right, but I would say that these people need treatment and rehabilitating not torture.

Everyone deserves human rights by default of being a human. It's what differentiates us from other animals.

Why oh why does everyone who tries to justify their behaviour use the "they were abused" line what a crock of shite! There are millions of people that get abused one way or another & they do not carry on the cycle of abuse so how do you explain that.
  • Options
    Why oh why does everyone who tries to justify their behaviour use the "they were abused" line what a crock of shite! There are millions of people that get abused one way or another & they do not carry on the cycle of abuse so how do you explain that.

She didn't justify anything. In fact
    Doesn't make what they do right,
    They cracked under the abuse, other people crack under the cycle of abuse by killing themselves. Some people manage to get well again.

People who are sick should get help.
  • Options
    Look who's making assumptions now...

Actually, you don't understand human rights if you think that a particular group of people should be labelled as "not-human" because of what they've done.

Miss Riot makes two excellent points

Well I "assumed" that was my right as a human being doh
  • Options
    That doesn't even make any sense!
  • Options
    In other words it is ok for fiend 85 to make assumptions about me such as I am a sun/mirror reader (snob) that I do not understand the human rights legislation (snob) but is not ok for me to make my own assumptions. Anyhoo I believe that I am clearly seen as not educated enough to warrant having opinion on such matters so I am done.:banghead:
  • Options
    Two things.

One, no-one has actually said anything concrete about you, except possibly that you seem not to understand human rights.

Two, if you have an unpopular opinion, you're going to get challenged on it. Especially when it boils down to taking away the human rights from some people you don't like.
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    My unpopular opinion is that people who can't grasp the fact that unpopular opinions are going to be challenged clearly have reduced mental capability. DONT TELL ME IM WRONG THO. -.-
  • Options
    No but the insinuation was there, I have no problem being challenged in fact I enjoy a bit of banter as much as the next person(that is if indeed they do enjoy banter lol) however to infer that my opinion is not as valid because you (wrongly) assume I read a certain newspaper pure snobbery IMO & if there's one thing I can not abide is a snob, so unnecessary & so for that reason, thanks for your responses & opinions on my post bye bye now:yippe:
  • Options
    Gently Annaarrr... Gently.
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is that people who can't grasp the fact that unpopular opinions are going to be challenged clearly have reduced mental capability. DONT TELL ME IM WRONG THO. -.-

Ok so I'm thick as feck but I do not pretend o be otherwise you little keyboard warrior you, pat on the back for you x
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Aww kisses :3 also fiend only said you have similar opinions to those of the sun and the mirror, I don't think she even mentioned readers of the newspapers let alone said you do! Yes yes keyboard warrior sat here bashing my club against my phonneee :)
  • Options
    In my defense, that was Rubberskin, who is the victim of a terrible accident involving a duck, who mentioned the sun and the mirror.
    Rubberskin wrote:
    I've never understood this Sun/Daily Mirror attitude of 'Hang 'em high' towards sex offenders/paedophiles.
    He also never said anyone read anything, and I get the feeling no-one except me and him do.
  • Options
    In my defense, that was Rubberskin, who is the victim of a terrible accident involving a duck, who mentioned the sun and the mirror.
    He also never said anyone read anything, and I get the feeling no-one except me and him do.

My apologies fiend85, clearly I have not read it properly.