Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

saying no to someone...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If there is someone wants to be your lover but you dont want to, what would you do? I've met a girl who is my work colleague's mate. We chatted a lot but I thought we were just friends. Then there was rumour in the office about her fancy me. I think she is a nice girl but just not my type of girlfriend. Last nite she invited me to her house for a meal later this week. If i go then it would be difficult for me (you know what I mean). Is there anyone in this sort of situation and how to kindly let her know about that and at the same time not to hurt her feeling!

Comments

• Options
    You really are nice aint you dont know bout the kick tho:D anyway right whatever you do if you dont like her in that way dont say anythink to hard to her. carry on being mates. Cos it would hurt her more if you just snub her and dont talk to her cos that really makes people feel bad i know so just see what happens

Sorry i aint bin much help have i

S.G :cool:
  • Options
    I would also like to know the answer to that question...
    I'm in a similar situation and haven't succeeded in avoiding some involvement. But my situation is a bit more complicated than yours...
    He knows I fancy someone else (who btw has a girlfriend) but keeps trying to get a go at me. To top it all we are really good friends and he's very sweet and everything and tries not to pressure me. Because of that we are a bit more than friends but not bf/gf and I don't know how to tell him he's not my type without hurting his feelings. :(
    My suggestion to you is emphasising her role as "just a friend" and hope she'll get the hint.
    In my case that hasn't helped a lot because he still wants to be with me and well... Let's just say I'm not made of iron.
    But any way if anyone has any more suggestions I would also want to hear them.
    Good luck Nice Kick!
  • Options
    Just tell her you don't think the two of you are compatible like that. If you still want to be friends, tell her so...makes the rejection easier. BUT, don't fuck with her and stop being friends with her if you said you'd be friends (had someone do this to me and it's worse than being rejected):mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lizzafins
    BUT, don't fuck with her and stop being friends with her if you said you'd be friends (had someone do this to me and it's worse than being rejected):mad:

Hit the nail on the head, just tell her now, it'll get harder.
  • Options
    i also have this problem but the guy just wont take no for an answer. i work with him and he gets upset with me if he finds out ive bin with other guys and shit. ive never even been out with him! its quite scary! i dont know wot to tell you cos obviously ive not being doing too well in my own situation but try and make it pretty obvious is all i can say (but not in a nasty way) im starting to think being horrible to this poor guy is the only way to get him to back off! but i know i would feel horrible if i was nasty to him so...im sorry for wasting ur time ive been precisely zilch help! oh well...good luck.:cool: