Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Domestic Assault

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure which section this comes under, many...

The situation:
<removed due to caution from police>

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If the police do come knocking you have a right to a solicitor even if you cant afford to pay for one.

As for "everyone believing her" that is kind of irrelevant. It was just the two of you in the flat, so if she doesn't have injuries that back up her version of events then its your word against hers.

She sounds lovely btw :chin:
    You don't seem to have much luck with women do you :(

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk
    Hi Shikari

Sorry to hear about the difficult situation you're in :(

I just wanted to reiterate what Neddy said - if you're arrested by the police then you have the right to see a solicitor free of charge. Hopefully it won't come to that, but take a look at this article which tells you more so you're prepared:
    http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/introuble/rightsonarrest

Have you thought about talking to your ex?

Good luck
    Spanner
    Neddy wrote: »
    It was just the two of you in the flat, so if she doesn't have injuries that back up her version of events then its your word against hers.
    Like i said her only injuries are a bruise on the wrist and scratch marks on the neck. Both which weren't caused by me.
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    You don't seem to have much luck with women do you :(
    Not at all, although i think this is karma from my younger years...
    spanner wrote: »
    Hi Shikari

Sorry to hear about the difficult situation you're in :(

I just wanted to reiterate what Neddy said - if you're arrested by the police then you have the right to see a solicitor free of charge. Hopefully it won't come to that, but take a look at this article which tells you more so you're prepared:
    http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/introuble/rightsonarrest

Have you thought about talking to your ex?

Good luck
    Spanner

It's simply not worth talking to her, she's just one of those people who once they're set in their ways they'll go for it. She has a bit of a vendetta out for me... Not going to lie i did sleep with someone when we were together, but so did she (first). And she has the full backing of her family, because whenever we fell out, she'd spin them a load of yarn.
    I'm not a bad or horrible person..
    I did so much for this girl :/

I don't miss her, i didn't love her, which is rather strange for me coming out of a relationship, i just wish we'd never even met. She's like this to all her ex's (one of them is close friend of mine).
    Have been voluntarily arrested this evening, police turned up at my flat. Went to the police station with them, got a duty solicitor and then did an interview. Waited around for about an hour after that, and then allowed to go with the result being "No further action".

Although could someone with a bit of knowledge explain what that means? Is that "No further action from this point" or "no further action unless".
    Does it mean case closed? I want all this gone :(
    Shikari wrote: »
    Have been voluntarily arrested this evening, police turned up at my flat. Went to the police station with them, got a duty solicitor and then did an interview. Waited around for about an hour after that, and then allowed to go with the result being "No further action".

Although could someone with a bit of knowledge explain what that means? Is that "No further action from this point" or "no further action unless".
    Does it mean case closed? I want all this gone :(

It means it's done with unless any new evidence comes to light. Which by the sounds of it is highly unlikely.
    Thank you :)