Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is anyone else a little bit excited?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I woke up this morning - to sunshine - and with a genuine smile on my face...I haven't had that since January last year.

On this beautiful NYD - I have made the decision to change everything I don't like about my life over the course of this year. I am under no illusion it will be any less challenging but I am going to enjoy every bit of this year as if it's my last.

After the events of 2012, I could not envisage making it to 2013 - and had it not been for the fantastic support here at TS - I don't think I would be sat here typing this now.

I am genuinely looking forward to this year....I don't usually make NY resolutions either; however, this year, I am going to try new things, see new sights, make new friends, generally be happier - and when the challenging times hit - I'm going to be kind to myself - just as kind as I would be to somebody else if it was them having to deal with it.

Did anyone else make any NY resolutions??

Happy New Year everyone :)

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Happy New Year WhiteLillies :yippe:- really glad you found us in 2012.

My only resolution is to get back into yoga - it's my favourite form of exercise and I've not done it consistently since about 2009 :blush: First class next Saturday morning. :thumb:

I was also pleased to see the sun out today. :)
  • Options
    I am a little bit, for many of the same reasons you said. Just going to try and "do" a bit more.

The making new friends bit has always been trickiest for me but i know it's not something that can really be forced.

Amazing to see the sun come out just in time for my return to work :yeees:
  • Options
    Really nice to see you feeling so positive WL. :) Happy New Year *hug*
  • Options
    I stayed in and put a film on, then went to bed in the early hours after reading the paper (downloads around 3am). For me it was a lovely evening, a quiet end to a busy year.

Sent from my whyayePad using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Helen - Good luck with the yoga!! I have never done a yoga class but have done some yoga-type stuff on wii fit...! I love the relaxation element of it.

Neddy - I understand what you mean...have you considered joining any sort of clubs that are of interest to you, to meet some like-minded people? Or maybe some volunteering work?

Thank you YSH! *hug*

Sounds perfect G-Raffe! I was in bed by 10 and slept for about 12 hours!
  • Options
    Yay for a genuine smile! I had one of those days yesterday - I looked out of my window with some class music playing, and even though it was grey, I had a sunshine smile on!

I'm really glad that you've found the support here on TheSite useful - from our end it's been good to watch you grow. You also deserve some thanks for the support you've input into the community :)

Hope the positivity is continuing!
  • Options
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    Yay for a genuine smile! I had one of those days yesterday - I looked out of my window with some class music playing, and even though it was grey, I had a sunshine smile on!

I :heart: this. Sunshine smiles are awesome!! :yes:
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    Hope the positivity is continuing!

Sort of...I realised how much more I allow myself to just "go with how I feel"...like today I was having a genuine heart to heart with a friend at work and I could feel myself welling up but instead of getting angry at myself I just kinda went with it and she didn't react badly to it - she just "got it". I think I'm going through a disappointment stage - as in, disappointed he isn't here. Meh...never mind! I'm still holding out hope for better things!

I hope you had a good xmas and NY!?
  • Options
    To be honest, I think I've cycled through the various stages of grief, returning to some, not really touching on others. I think at some point you get to a stage where grief is no longer the prominent feature in your life, or controlling it. But generally if I am grief-sad at the moment, it's either missing him or "the bastard left me before it was time" (said in a very tongue in cheek way) so those stages still feature, they're just better! Yay for letting yourself go with how you feel, and even better that the friend got it :)

I did thank you - I was walking, and I've now started driving again, which makes things INFINITELY better. :D
  • Options
    I know how that feels!! Being unable to drive is like losing a limb!!! Glad you had a good time :)

I guess...for me it still feels like grief but everything just seems to be a jumbled mess!