Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ptsd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically, the fear is that someone is trying to help me and because I am refusing to take psychiatric treatment, that they are forcing it in other ways.
constant fears of being drugged. everywhere really including my house, at work I am careful to never drink something that has left my sight or eat if was left unsupervised.
I know this is Just anxiety from depression which is a result of too much time on my own.
cause and effect- cause and effect on repeat.
everything has an explanation, but.. the fear is still there.
I wish I could of go back to the time before all the hospitalizations and forced medication. I think the medical "help" has traumatized me more then the actual trauma for what I was supposed to be helped.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kittyhugs wrote: »
    I know this is Just anxiety from depression which is a result of too much time on my own.
    cause and effect- cause and effect on repeat.
    everything has an explanation, but.. the fear is still there.
    I wish I could of go back to the time before all the hospitalizations and forced medication. I think the medical "help" has traumatized me more then the actual trauma for what I was supposed to be helped.

Hey kitty, I just wanted to drop in and say that there is a positive to take from this. You have that self awareness - that it's a cause and effect of your depression and holding on to that is important.

You gave this post the title ptsd so I thought it might be worth linking to some info from Mind that includes symptoms and treatments: http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnoses_and_conditions/post-traumatic_stress_disorder

Having had medication forced upon you in the past must have been really frightening and it sounds as though it's given you an added trauma to heal from. I wonder if it has to do with trust and being able now to trust support services after what has happened in the past? Do you have anyone that you can talk to about how you're feeling at the moment?

I've seen you offer some great advice to others around distractions and staying calm - playing online games or drinking camomile tea for example. Do you find those things help you when you feel anxious?

*hug*