Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Need help hiding symptoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the last week or so i been deteriorating and i know i am.. but now people are noticing stuff :s like fact im not sleeping or acting really nervous and jumpy and being slightly reckless and kinda seeming a bit neutral and i can't stop shaking Dx
I really don't want people to notice.. not till i can see me counsellor anyway which i think i need to now, but that's not for two weeks.
Anyone got any ideas how i can hide this? or something i can say to explain it?

Comments

• Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    hiya Alfie,

How are you doing today? just wanted to give you a :wave: and check how you are.

It's great that you're going to see a counsellor, though two weeks must feel a long way off right now. Maybe it would help to note down the things you want to say to them in the meantime so you're prepared?

In terms of hiding your symptoms, is there a particular reason you don't want people to know you're feeling bad? I know letting people close to you know how you're feeling can sometimes be hard.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good on you for seeing a counselor! 2 weeks probably will seem like a long time, I know it would for me.
    Ways to hide your symptoms? If you can't go to sleep, just try going to bed and relaxing for a bit, maybe with a hot chocolate and a good book. If you don't like reading, maybe a film. Something that you have to use your imagination for, so you can think about the story, instead of everyday life. :)
    It will be hard to hide that you're nervous, but the only thing I could suggest is that you try and relax. If someone asks why you're jumpy, you could say you've had more caffeine than normal.
    To hide that you're shaking, maybe hold a blanket and say that you're cold.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best! :)
    music.
    hold ipad in hands when really anxious, you can also frequently change songs keep yourself occupied and it gives you an excuse for moving and being disconected
    hey :)
    not feeling great - sorry.
    And i've changed me appointment with me counsellor to Friday cos im getting a bit worried, hoping she wont be annoyed with me ._.
    and they can't know cos last time i told them i wasn't well they screamed at me and said i was mad and if i dare tell anyone they're just gonna lock me up and throw away the key >_< so i don't really talk to anyone except me counsellor.. but no one knows i see her cos its a secret :L but i need her.

and yea i said id eaten too much suger and people seemed to believe it, im just going off on me phone now and kinda keeping away from people so hopefully they wont notice.
  • JemGJemG Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hi Alfie,
    Sorry that you weren't feeling great yesterday evening. It's good that you've managed to change your appointment, so you only have a couple of days to wait until you see your counsellor to talk things through. How are things with you today?