Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Low mood

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know i get low moods sometimes.. but since September they've been getting worse and worse and im starting to feel pretty depressed again. I had a break down a year and a half ago and then got ill at the start of the year.. i felt okay again for a while but its coming back and i don't want to go to the place i was before, in fact im scared of it.
Most of the time i just feel lonely and time seems to go on forever, and im avoiding doing things again, just want to hide i guess.
Im trying to hold on and get better but its getting hard now not to go back there >_<

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Alfie :wave:

Sorry to hear you are feeling in a low mood but it's good that you are talking about it :heart:

Have you seen your G.P before about your low moods as you mention you had a breakdown a year and a half ago?

Do you have anyone to talk to, like a friend who you can trust? It is easier to hide away but coming on here to get it out is a positve step that you have made and not hidden away.

Do you have any particular interests that may help with the low mood?

We are here to listen *hug*

purple_rain
    Went to gp in april when i got sick from eating problems and he just did nothing, didn't seem bothered tbh, even though he's pointed out before i seem depressed :/
    And now i just don't wanna go back cos it'll either be the same or i'll be referred to cahms .
    I don't like to talk to friends bout it tbh, not rly got any but ones i have i tend to try ignore it when im round them.
    And meh not really :/ used to but i don't really feel like doing anything tbh..

It makes me sad cos i used to be really happy and now i just feel like i want to die >.< and keep thinking bout it :/
    You will find that happiness again *hug* It is that time of the year where Christmas is over and the New Year is upon us where your mood can go quite low.

You have friends with us on thesite and are welcome to talk to us about all sorts of things :heart:

Have you looked our links on our site?

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/depression/seriousdepression

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/depression/breakingfree

You may know this information already but hope it will help a little.

I like your avatar by the way :)

purple_rain
    Hmm usually its this time of year me mood is better, cos i quite like the dark and winter but despise the summer, i guess im just a bit strange lol
    I lost someone i was really close too in September and after spending bout 2 weeks crying i just feel low now.
    Just had enough :/ feel so ignored and unimportant and fed up of looking after someone and getting messages on these anon things and just getting blamed for everythig and i know i should tell me counsellor more how im feeling but meh ><

and thanks for the links and thanks i like the wee bear :)
    Couldn't sleep last night at all >< have these thoughts running threw me head all the time... really don't wanna go back there :(