Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feel really emotional at the moment :(:P

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I been really low and emotional for over 5 weeks now. I had lods going on around me at the moment. iam starting to find it really hard to talk about my feelings. I tried counselloring and it doesn't work at all. I tried talking to my family too. I just finding it tell people about all my feelings and what's going on. I tried phoning the Samaritans they not what I really wanted in the end doesn't know what to do now. my moods keep changing all the time one min iam up and then iam down and very low :P

where I would be on this scale now

0 - Bad
Iam here
10 - good

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Heather,

Sounds like you've got a lot going on for you at the moment, massive well done being able to reach out to the people on here, you should be very proud of yourself :)

Have you spoke to anyone else offline about these low moods Heather? Would you consider talking to your GP about them Heather, maybe they can offer you a bit of advice, you mentioned giving counselling ago, as well as calling Samaritans, you've taken some amazing steps, well done :)

Maybe you could consider giving SANELINE a go, SANELINE is a national, out of hours mental health helpline you can call between 12pm-2am on 0845 767 8000. A trained volunteer will be able to offer confidential, non-judgemental emotional support and practical advice. Would you consider giving them a go to Heather?

It can be difficult to express yourself in front of families and friends, but by considering it means you would like to give it a go, how do you feel about it now?

You've mentioned you have tried counselling in the past to Heather, counselling can be a difficult route and one that will always have it's standby moves, and something that will take ages, and a lot of effort, but I guess, it's, what works for you...Can I ask, how long were you in counselling for?

Once again Heather, massive well done for reaching out to us, do keep us updated on how you are doing *hug*'s.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    give it time. there are periods of time when even if your doing everything your supposed to do,
    the brain still reacts funny.
    take in consideration the season changing, it does affect and change mood.
    just try to keep busy, and calm.
    try cammomile tea to keep warm and relaxed :P
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks angel and kittyhugs