Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Selling art on Folksy/ etsy / craft sale for charity

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been making some abstract mixed media art (acrylic paint / buttons / on canvas with silicone glue) recently and I want to sell a few of my pieces for a charity that my family are involved with (they are building boreholes for water in Uganda), I would like to cover my costs so I can do some more and give all the profit to the charity. It is a registered charity.

I have thought of doing lots and holding a craft sale stall but I thought I'd see if they sell first by selling one or two. I thought the easiest thing would be to try Folksy which is a uk based arts and crafts website where you list stuff for sale (like ebay but not an auction). Has anyone got experience of this website? It doesn't seem that user friendly tbh, I can't log in now I have registered. I have bought something from Etsy but it is US based and in dollars which puts me off a bit, I would think selling within the UK is easier.

Attachment not found.
art.jpg 35.6K

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That sounds like a great idea :)

I have bought a few items from Folksy and it was really simpl for me to purchase stuff.
    No experience at selling on there though sorry!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't have any experience of Folksy, but I sell on Etsy and currency has never been a problem. I set my default currency to GBP, and everything is converted for me by Etsy and Paypal.

The only slightly annoying thing is that you can't have your selling fees automatically collected if you're in the UK, so you have to remember to pay them manually.