Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Film Club December 'Elf' and 'Polar Express' Discussion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Maybe a bit early as the winners were only announced a day or so ago... but to get the ball rolling... Whaddya think?

I have yet to see Polar Express though it's on the Love Film list for delivery! So I guess Elf would be a good starting point..

I thought Will Ferrell played the child-like role of Buddy really well without teetering off the edge into super annoying/creepy ala Robin Williams in 'Jack'. Not quite as charming as Tom Hanks in 'Big' but still quite sweet.

My favourite scene is either Buddy dancing in the mailroom or... the fight with the small person. Maybe the fight with the small person '...Does Santa know that you left the workshop?'. Heh heh :D

My only criticism of this film is that Zooey Deschanel is BLONDE. wtf.

What are your thoughts on either Elf or Polar Express? Remember chat for these two films is occccurrrrring on Thursday 20 December 7-8pm. Be great to see lots of f..emotions there :wave:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Elf was on telly the other day. I saw most of it. It was nice and Christmassy.
  • Options
    My only criticism of this film is that Zooey Deschanel is BLONDE. wtf.

That was HERRRRR. Jeez, didn't even recognise her.

My fav bit is when the big store manager guy is like santa is coming, and he is like SANTAAAA!!!!!
  • Options
    Call me elf one more time...he's an angry elf.
  • Options
    Bumpage! Chat is this Thursday guys :)

Be good to have someone lead the discussion on Polar Express as Lovefilm sent the wrong film out so I won't have seen it in time...

But Elf. I can contribute :D