Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Aisha

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One thought that has suddenly struck from reading a few of you posts is why you are even visiting a sex forum so filled with western liberal ideas of the joys of exploring one's sexuality?

Seems to me that being here would be in complete contradiction to your puristic values. It only leads to feelings of arousal and temptation and that is a no no by your own admission.

Comments

• Options
    I suspect she is a recent convert to islam and is trying to bring all you sinners into the light..
  • Options
    That's definately not her own 'teachings' anyway. They're blatantly copied and pasted from somewhere else.

Tell me this; do all followers of Islam try to force their beliefs on others?
  • Options
    Kurt, they are her own teachings insofar as she obviously subscribes to them. that is what i meant. I think i know enough to recognise that she didnt write the Koran. lol. She's not 800 years old after all.
  • Options
    If she wants to give an alternative idea I have no problem with that, its certainly more interesting than everybody agreeing with each other.

And as far as i know she's not forcing anyone to abide by her beliefs, all she's done is state them (or some-one else representation of them) and give reasons why she thinks they are the best beliefs to live by.

As long as she respects other people views as their own, i don't see what the problem is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    If she wants to give an alternative idea I have no problem with that, its certainly more interesting than everybody agreeing with each other.

And as far as i know she's not forcing anyone to abide by her beliefs, all she's done is state them (or some-one else representation of them) and give reasons why she thinks they are the best beliefs to live by.

As long as she respects other people views as their own, i don't see what the problem is.

Don't talk nonsense, Cokephreak. She is not opening up any debate, just regurgatating shit taken off other Islamic web sites. She will not enter into a debate because it is regarded as a sin in Islam to even question or debate the teachings of the Koran. So all she is doing is making a statement without any interest in arguing the point. Seems to me that you're a Muslim too or you'd see it for yourself.
  • Options
    Whatever she is doing is really annoying and irritating! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    That's definately not her own 'teachings' anyway. They're blatantly copied and pasted from somewhere else.

Tell me this; do all followers of Islam try to force their beliefs on others?

No not all followers of Islam, only some extremists - like you get in any religion there maybe a few percent of the followers that would try and force beleifs on other people. It just seems to happen with Islam more than other (media etc??)
  • Options

TEAGAN
    Don't talk nonsense, Cokephreak. She is not opening up any debate

So whats this, a shuttle launch?

How many replys do you think the 5 threads have had?
    I think most people disagree with the ideas put forward, and its made people put some thought into why they disagree, and then think about how to say they disagree without being offencive to the post, or the islamic religions as a whole.

I admit some people have put more thought into not being offencive than others... but thats what you expect.

regurgatating shit taken off other Islamic web sites

no, she's taking peoples opinions off other sites and posting them. OK, its not as good as posting your own, but i've done that too.
    I will say its a little rude not to cite your source's though, but i feel the auther won't see this as unfair use. She is, after all, just trying to find a wider audience for it.

How would you like it if people stopped you from saying or posting what you want because its pro *certain religion*?

Most worrying, I think you're saying this Seems to me that you're a Muslim too or you'd see it for yourself as an insult. And that is most rude.
  • Options
    Oh blah. You all hate her threads so much yet you all keep bringing them to the top.
    Ignore them if you don't like them and she'll eventually stop.

That's just my thought.
  • Options
    I don't hate her posts, I simply believe that she is accepting a belief structure and its sociological realisations without recognising the sexist and repressive leanings of that same sociological perspective.
  • Options
    Well, you know what I meant. And I wasn't referring to you personally. :)

I know but she's not going to stop doing it. May aswell just ignore them and let her believe what she wants? *shrugs*

I just don't like how suddenly a few 'Islam is a crap religion' comments have popped up. Not anyones fault but it's all just, grrrr.
  • Options
    I like that name
  • Options
    Daisy, I agree with you on that point. Frankly all organised relgions do practice some form of repressive behaviour including many denominations of Christianity. Religion has and always will be a means of gaining power over others by demandinding conformity to dogmas created by faulty human beings.

The unfortunate thing is that true spirituality and faith (which is private and personal) is given a bad rap by being automatically thought of in the same context as "religion" (which is dependent on ritualistic and repetitive adherence to man-made rules).
  • Options
    Cokephreak, she's obviously not putting up these posts for a discussion but as a platform to air her religious beliefs. She steers well away from any discussion of her beliefs as proved in her "Islam - A different Perspective?" post.

So, yes, I've been a little rude to her and her religon but it's only to goad some sort of REACTION out of her ...

And, yes, I've been rude to you because you don't seem to be able to SEE that what she offers us on a DISCUSSION BOARD is not a DISCUSSION but a non-debatable statement of her beliefs. If I were a practicing Christian and had put up my views like that, I'd have been shot down a long time ago.

Go on then, if you feel I've been rude to you, lets start a DISCUSSION on Islam ... first off, can you name me a single Islamic state where there is true freedom of speech? Remember, as one who openly admits to the taking of drugs (which I'm not knocking your RIGHT to do), you'd probably be the first in the queue when the beheading party comes to town in an Islamic state.
  • Options
    Actually, having read some of the other posts of hers since then and people's replies, I realise I'm not the only one that finds her posts tiresome.

Okay - I promise NOT to flame Aisha any more. I will stay well away. But then, moderators, should she be putting up this sort of thing on these boards? They're hardly discussions.

I'm no more anti-Islam than I am any other religon that pushes it 's cause without being brave enough to debate it's own short-comings.

Contrary to what "daviddavison" or whoever said in one of Aisha's other posts, I'm not afraid of religon - I'm an agnostic so I'd love to know which is the one true way - but it pisses me off when people blindly follow their beliefs without using the brains and eyes that their god or gods supplied them with - and the ability to reason. This is the proof of someone being REALLY afraid of religon - scared into believing anything thrown at them because of their fear of what may happen in the afterlife.

So, cokephreak, no debate then ... I'm sure EVERYONE here is devastated!
    :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    I don't hate her posts, I simply believe that she is accepting a belief structure and its sociological realisations without recognising the sexist and repressive leanings of that same sociological perspective.

Wow big words, but so true
  • Options
    Thanks, i wasnt particularly trying to impress as to say what i wanted to say as accurately as possible. sorry if i raised the standard too much. lol
  • Options
    WHAT?
  • Options
    *speaks chinese*