Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
/

Comments

• Options
    God, that would terrify me if that happened. I'm a person that panics in that kind of situation...at least I think I would be that kind of person. Your dad is okay now, yeah?
  • Options
    /
  • Options
    I would suggest that your dad sees his doctor about that, as it sounds like he did have a fit.
  • Options
    yeah i agree with rainbow brite, try and persuade him to see a doctor, tell him it'll put your mind at rest if he does
  • Options
    Yes pussykatty, get your dad to see a doctor if possible.

A friend of mine suffered a similar fit and we didn't know what to do. There was six of us and all of us were clueless, so we all did a first aid course together!
  • Options
    Def try and see a doctor, or you could try and get him to A&E just to be on the safe side. Could it have possibly have been sunstroke? :confused:
  • Options
    /
  • Options
    If it was a fit, he should not be driving etc until it has been checked out. If someone seems to have had a fit, and they've never had one before, always call a doctor.

Having said that, it could have been something else, such as heart problems. Whatever the case, he needs medical attention as soon as possible. Make the appointment for him if necessary, or arrange a home visit.