Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

2 Posts In One Night, My Crapyness Has Out Done It's Self.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an ex that is now my "fuck buddy" but tbh, i still like him. He knows I like him but all he says is "i'm not ready for a relationship". I know this is his way of saying he doesn't like me.. I'm not totally stupid.
He has cheated on his last 2 ex girlfriends with me (yes i do feel guilty so i stopped it) and now that i have finished that immoral misguidance i know i shouldn't like him. He cheats, lies, immoral, arrogant and ignorant... but i can't shake my feelings. Something has drawn me to him since day one and i'm fed up with it.

Can you encourage another persons feelings towards you? Should i just move on and find someone i really deserve and that deserves me? Do i stick with the devil i know?

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    That's something only you can answer. All I can say is what I'd do in your situation.
    As there is little you can do to change how he feels, give yourself some time to get over him then find someone who makes you feel special, like it's just the two of you in the whole world.
    It won't be easy, you can't just switch off your feelings, but personally it sounds like you'd be better off without him in your life. xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest, it sounds like he isn't ready for a relationship.

He is not the bad boy you're going to turn good. If you can live with that, then stick with it. If you want something "better" for yourself, then it's probably best to make a firm break.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there RussianRoulette,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

It seems like a tricky situation for you, as you have been in a relationship with him in the past (as you say he is your ex) but now he seems to be afraid to commit for whatever reason. It's really good that you are aware of your feelings towards him, however it means you might have to make a decision about carrying things on as they are (with no commitment) or moving on.

Fuck buddies can be tricky, especially when feelings are involved;
    often one person is in love with the other one and hides their true feelings, or falls in love during the relationship. If either of you are going to sleep with other people while keeping a fuck buddy then be honest about it, otherwise there is a strong possibility of someone feeling jealous, betrayed, or having their sexual health put at risk.

Could there be something about your sex and self esteem that makes you come back to him? How about trying to meet other people and see how that feels? its hard sometimes to move on when we feel so comfortable with someone we are used to, but can also be exciting and new!

Hope this helps *hug* try and follow your instinct :yes: