Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Police Commisioners

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This election seemed rather pointless in the first place, maybe not the actual Commissioner position in itself, but one has to wonder why they are elected by the general public.

It is not like one candidate is going to say "I pledge to fight crime" and the other candidate is going to say "I don't plan to fight crime" - they will both do exactly the same thing, fight crime. In my opinion it should have been a smaller vote rather than a general one, maybe from local councils.

I would have voted if we had a James Gordon as a candidate, alas no. So I guess if we get a commissioner who plans to use unmanned predator drones to escalate the war on Christmas I can't complain because I didn't vote. In the end we have a dude who will fight crime regardless of choices made by anyone.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I'm glad that some have. I find it disgusting the amount of politicians who have seldom visited the areas they're running for, but 'Oh, quick! A vote! Better run for it!'

Oh, I think it's a good feature in a local councillor (provided there's a balance - otherwise you end up with "we've always done it like this"), however his birthplace isn't in my city so....
    How many members of the public read the news and thought this guy was standing for election?
    msohur.jpg