Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is my dad my real dad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel like I have not got a dad anymore beause he dosnt bother with me and its allways me that phones and arranges to go and see him and when I gone down he rejects me he onley in treasted In his son :( I feel like he dosnt love me anymore. I was on the phone to him yesterday and now he dosnt want to stay at my mums and never to see her ever again :(

don't know what to do

I feel lonely with out a dad

cont stop crying niver now

needs lots of hugs

needs advice

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I feel like I have not got a dad anymore beause he dosnt bother with me and its allways me that phones and arranges to go and see him and when I gone down he rejects me he onley in treasted In his son :( I feel like he dosnt love me anymore. I was on the phone to him yesterday and now he dosnt want to stay at my mums and never to see her ever again :(

don't know what to do

I feel lonely with out a dad

cont stop crying niver now

needs lots of hugs

needs advice

Hi, I perfectly understand your feelings... I'm sure that he didn't stop loving you, you will always be her daughter!! MAybe, for any reasons, he had to put more attention on his son, maybe he needs it! My advice on you is to don't despair! Try to talk to him about your feelings and tell him how much you miss him....

Whenever you wanna talk, you can count on me :)
    xoxoxoxox
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Parents can be hard to understand sometimes. They can be mixed up and confused just like us. Can you think of any reason why he is acting like that?

I don't know if this helps, but I know of a story about a mother and daughter.
    The daughter and her siblings had moments in their childhood they would rather forget. When the daughter, (the eldest who had picked up the pieces from time to time as a little girl) announced publicly that she didn't have an easy childhood, this lead to a falling out between them. The truth was that everything the daughter had experienced as a child had very logical explanations. Even though the mother's actions weren't acceptable, there were mental health issues she couldn't control. And these issues were never explained to the children.
    My point is that the mother kept here distance from the children, even though she got help and was better, for the rest of her childhood their mother kept her distance so she wouldn't hurt them again. But the children were never told and grew up thinking their mother hated them. But once the mother and daughter sat down and talked, they were able to see each others points of view and finally came to an understanding.

Like julia said, try talking to him. There could be reasons behind his behavior.
    Let us know how you get on. xx