Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"Cannabis ruined our family life"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, just thought a couple of you might be interested in this. If you want the address of how 2 write into the company or anything just post it after this message.

Cannabis ruined our family life
I write regarding the governments irresponsible decision to effectivley legalise cannabis and would like to know if any of these people have actually lived on a daily basis with a cannabis user.
I have for 15 years. And let me tell readers that it is addictive, that users do have bad mood swings and they do get violent if they havent got the money to buy it.
My ex husband smoked cannabis for 15 years and it ruined our family life. Apart from the cost - which came before anything else - there was the strain of having to live with a zombie who could sleep for days on end, and who diddn't talk sense when awake. Cannabis does affect people and it does change their personality. Do we want our sons and daughters to live like that?
The labour government is letting us down yet again. We need help now, before it's too late.

ANNOYED MOTHER OF TWO BOYS

(Taken from The Bury Times, Friday July 26th 2002)

[I personally would say that cannabis hasnt changed my personality, and if it has then im sure its for the better]

:confused: what do you guys [and girlz, to be fair] think?

Duffy

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are a lot of people who prioritise their drug of choice above everything else, and im sure if thats what this man was doing, then im not surprised his ex wife is anti drugs.

``And let me tell readers that it is addictive, that users do have bad mood swings and they do get violent if they havent got the money to buy it.``

obviously this bit applies to her husband but not to most cannabis users, and thats the distinction she is failing to see.

I feel sorry for her, for having to live with an idiot, but she is obviously wrong to say every cannabis user is the same as her ex husband.
    Hi rainbow brite thanks for the reply.

i agree with what you said, and think that this woman should have thought a bit more about what she wrote. Cannabis is not addictive, and if anything makes you peacefull. I cant afford cannabis, the next time i will be able to will be on wednesday, but you dont see me sleeping for days. I think thats just how the man is, and its probably not the cannabis thats doing that to him. And im pretty sure that 99% of people have good experiences with cannabis, and shes part of the 1% that hasnt.

Duffy
    Sounds like a lazy good for nothing scumbag to me; she’s best shot of him!

If he weren’t into cannabis, he would have found something worst – he’s a bum, nowt to do will the herb :rolleyes:
    that is true as well. I think maybe he has used other drugs as well that she hasnt told us about. I dont think pot is going to change anyones life. Maybe he went out at weekends and snorted coke, i dunno. Sounds a bit dodgy to me though
    he's obviously just a skiving low life miserable cunt. and i agree with all thats been said.
    pitty the poor woman.
    Nothing against smoking weed, quite a good pastime in my opinion. :cool:

However you can't argue that it does change peoples lives. No-matter how large or small. I dare say most of the people who post here who do "drugs" would of allmost certainly started with canabis. It can change you for the better but also for the worst. So there are people out there like this ladies ex husband. Yes, he's in the minority. But how many tokers can honestly put there hand on heart and say they've never had a point where things have got a bit sketchy through smoking too much spliff?

I think this woman is just voicing her concern for young people who may find it harder to balance things up. Her question was would we want our sons and daughters to live like that? I have to be honest, if i had kids i would be a little worried for a generation that could easily get it's hands on as much draw as possible with no consequences if caught.
    But i don't. Or if i do, i've forgot where i've put them.
    Anything taken to exess can "ruin you family life".

I believe there is a bloke in america sueing Mcdonalds, burgerking and Wendy's for ruining his life, and thats obviously their fualt not his... right?

You offerd an address of the "comapny" duffy...?
    I guess you mean the newspaper, and i think i would like the address. If i'm bored enough to actually write an opposing letter I may even post it....
    You offerd an address of the "comapny" duffy...?
    I guess you mean the newspaper, and i think i would like the address.
    yes i do mean the newspaper company lol, sorry i should have put that. Anyways, the email address [i dont think youll want the post address but if you do just ask] :
    billallen@lancashire.newsquest.co.uk

and im just wondering, WHSpliff, how are youre campaigns coming along? any word from the people\companies\bastards concerned?

Duffy
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    and im just wondering, WHSpliff, how are youre campaigns coming along? any word from the people\companies\bastards concerned?

Chipping away, winding them up, nothing much to report at the mo!
    :cool: