Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not well

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys.

I've just been finding these last few days really hard at the moment. And I'm not concentrating at work or even anything, but I just feel like I'm constantly running out of energy or feeling dejected all the time.

This girl is really getting to me now, and I want to give up but can't. These last 6 months have been torture for me, and I need closure. And I can't get closure if I can't even meet her. I want to move on but I can't do that until I end it by knowing where I stand and talking to her about it. (For those who don't know, I've been infatuated with this person for a long time now, we've met a few times and she's been difficult to contact with lately).

Now I wouldn't mind if this girl doesn't like me, and yes I am still in love with her. But it's the constant feeling of rejection from everyone else I talk to which is making me doubt if I'll ever be happy. I feel that this girl would solve everything if she liked me.

I don't want to complain but I am finding life really unfair at the moment. And it's driving me crazy. I can never think straight these days.

Sorry for constantly doing this but I need help. I am out with a friend tonight but let's see what happens. :(

Comments

• Options
    Firstly it's really good you have posted this to get some support.. :)

I am sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment. I am in chats with you and you are a really great member of the community and your always offering advice to others. Your a really nice person.

Have you spoken to anybody about how you are feeling with everything?

I don't know if this will help you, but not so long ago I went through a really bad stage, and felt like giving up with work and things, but I actually talked to my manager. Yes when I think back to the fact that I told my manager I had lost all motivation for my job, it doesn't sound good does it? But in fact the truth is talking to her helped me so much, she reminded me why I am in childcare, and how much I mean to everything I work and the children and parents.
    So it may be worth you chatting to your boss. (Its just a suggestion)

It sounds like you are also going through a tough time with this girl. I can understand that you want closure, it sounds like things are very hard with trying to contact her. Could you maybe write her a letter? Or text her. To get your thoughts and feelings across?

You are not complaining don't worry, EVERYONE deserves to get support when they need it.
  • Options
    Hi Claire.

I can completely understand where you're coming from. I'm glad you got help in the end with your situation.

I would like to talk to my mum about this but I'm afraid that she'll either judge me or not be much help. I sent this girl a funny story from the news I thought she'd like on Fb last night but no reply. The annoying thing is, is that she said in a past text, yeah I'd definitely like to meet up but she never followed up. I want to ask her if I've upset her at all but I think I may be taking a risk. Another thought is writing a letter and dropping it into her work but I don't know.

She seems a nice girl and we get on well but something's up, and to be honest I really want to know.

Thank you for reading anyway Claire.
  • Options
    Yeah sometimes support can be found in unlikely places. (whatever that saying is) I know what I mean

Sometimes its very hard to decide on whether or not speaking to parents is a good idea. I can fully understand, I don't actually talk to my mum about anything or my other family members, so I can't really relate with what your saying. But I do understand your point.

It sounds to me this girl may need to figure out what she really wants before you and her can discuss things. I know that must be hard.

Sorry if I have not been much help.
  • Options
    No Claire, you've been brilliant help to me. I really appreciate it.

I think it's just another case of me leaving it a few more days and seeing where it goes. And also talking to s close friend later about it. I may even ring her then. It's a but difficult that I only know her randomly, I mean I don't work with her, study with her or live near her, so face to face communication is rare.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd welcome them.
  • Options
    Glad I am helping.

How did you meet her?
  • Options
    Through a friend. He was a few years above her in his school, and we were introduced to each other at an event. We spoke on Facebook for about 2 years but just last year was when I first properly met her.
  • Options
    Ah right okay.

It sounds like you have a lot going on at the minute.

I honestly wouldn't let this stuff with this girl get you down, it's one of those things that if it's meant to happen it will..

Take care of yourself.. :) I am here for youuu x
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm out with a friend, maybe clubbing. So that may take my mind off things. :)
  • Options
    Yeah go and enjoy yourself you deserve too :)
  • Options
    Awful night. End of.
  • Options
    Do you want to talk about anything?

So sorry to hear about your night
  • Options
    Every time I go out clubbing, I come home feeling depressed and not being able to sleep. And having loads of orange juice for some reason. Great hangover cure.
  • Options
    I know this may seem a little like I'm "thinking outside the box" - do you drink alcohol when you go clubbing? The reason I ask is because I have found since my Dad's death and all the feelings that have been associated with it - if I drink alcohol it instantly makes me depressed, whereas I never had that issue when I drank previously! I guess what I'm suggesting is that where your feeling quite low anyway with other factors and with alcohol being a depressant - it could well be that it is the cause for making you feel depressed.
  • Options
    Hi WL

I drank quite a lot last night so you may be right. Alcohol mixed in with all these feelings I have is making me feel down. I'm on a bad hangover stage at the moment, not as in physically ill, but more tired and emotionally ill.
  • Options
    *hug* Keep drinking orange juice and water to keep yourself hydrated and if possible try and get some sleep as and when you can, as I'm sure tiredness is probably not helping either.
  • Options
    Hope you are okay Wavy...

Take care of yourself <3
  • Options
    I'll try Claire.

It's just so difficult at the moment. Not even enjoying doing anything. Looking forward to Chat tonight. :(

Thank you for the advice WL, got a carton of orange juice on me.
  • Options
    yeah you are awesome to have in chat :)
  • Options
    Very nice of you to say so. I do try very hard to keep things of mine to a minimum and try to help others when I can.
  • Options
    Hey you don't need to worry. Everyone is entitled to support when they need it. You do help others in chat so you don't have to worry at all! I promise :)