Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mr Right???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you find Mr right at the age of 16? I met my boyfriend at the age of 16 and am still with him at the age of 17 and a half :)

I have read many posts on here people saying you cant fall in love with mr right at the age of 17 but i believe you can. My boyfriends parents married at the age of 17 and now have 2 sons and one daughter yongest 16 and eldest 21. Both boys feel they have found there love to grow old with. My boyfriends parents have been together 25 years and are very happy.

My boyfriend who is 19 is always going on about how wonderful i am and how i am the perfect girlfriend and he wants to be with me forever which is nice BUT my mate has lectured me vefore on how one night stands are better and how you cant love someone at 17 and be with them when you are 70 :rolleyes:

Personally i could not go out and get drunk then have sex with someone i have never met although this is personal preference.

What do you guys think is loving someone at the age of 17 mean you cant love them or be with them when you are 70?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya i spose you could find mr or miss right at 16. I think most people are diffrent. If you have found mr right then well done and good for you i hope it works out :)

I think some people myself being 1 will never find the right person cos i look around and 1 of my friends is getting married!!!!! and moving on with his life hes 19 and hes got a great girl and then theres me. Who wants to have some1 to love and care for and theres no one for me ? :( So i spose if you have got love and your both happy then yes it will work but me are prob be 75 + meet someone then die :( just my luck:D but i think its diffrent for every1

S.G :cool:
    *DEVIL* - I have been with my boyfriend since I was 15 (and I am 19 next month) and we are very much in love.

We have some friends who have been together the same amount of time and all they do is argue and fight but the familiarity doesn't allow them to break free. Basically it depends on the individual, and if you have found the right person then you won't have any trouble staying together, like you and your boyfriend!

My boyfriends parents have also been together over 20 years and they married when they were 17 and 18. Thats younger than me and my boyfriend, which is spooky because I couldn't imagine being married now!

Some people think that only having sex with one person limits experience and that the excitement wears off, but I think if you are in a healty and loving relationship which is right for you then sex can be more fulfilling than going off with some random stranger you met down the pub! :rolleyes:

Your friend should mind their own business! Perhaps they are jealous because you have found a special person whom you can share your life with (perhaps!!) whereas she has to turn to the comfort of strangers to feel even an ounce of what you do. Ignore her and be happy in the knowledge that yes, you can be in love at 17 and it could last forever if you want it to. Other people have no right to comment about your relationship because they aren't in it and therefore can't judge....
    Don't judge a relationship until you're wrapped up in its arms
    I thought my freind was a bit silly gettin engaged at 17 with her first serious boyf cos she aint lived enough to see what else is out there,but now i know exactly how she feels cos i love my boyf so much and weve talked about spending the rest of our lives together and how we both wanna.Id ratha id met him later in life so i could live a little bit first but if it means meeting mr perfect straight away id ratha do that than have some broken hearts.I just think if id met him later on then i might appreciate what we have a bit more but im happy as i am-so i believe YES u can find mr perfect at any age and fall in love!
    I was with my ex from the age of 16 to 19. I thought id be with him forever, get married ,have babies etc, but you grow up really fast at that age and change a lot, so after a while i just wanted to be on my own. I think it can work at such a young age, but usually it wont. Its great while it lasts though, and its all learning experiences.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I was with my ex from the age of 16 to 19. I thought id be with him forever, get married ,have babies etc, but you grow up really fast at that age and change a lot, so after a while i just wanted to be on my own. I think it can work at such a young age, but usually it wont. Its great while it lasts though, and its all learning experiences.

There is always someone who has to put a downer on things.

:p

Devil - just because someone elses relationship doesn't work out doesn't mean to say yours won't.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

There is always someone who has to put a downer on things.

:p

Devil - just because someone elses relationship doesn't work out doesn't mean to say yours won't.

I dont see how that was putting a downer on things???:confused:

Of course it doesnt mean the same thing will happen to her, I think her friend is wrong, and one night stands are in no way better. Just because a relationship might not last forever doesnt mean its not worth it. I think my relationship at that age was definitely worth it, and taught me a lot. Im still good friends with my ex now.
    statistics do show that most relationships formed at such a young age do not last forever, but Im sure that lasting as long as it has already is unusual and there is every chance that yours could be one of the ones that does work out.
    Hi i dont think here friend is wrong not at all!!! you see people are diffrent at the end of the day if devil likes him then thats great but i think in the long run you would get board cos lets face it you would know each other to well and that could be a bad thing you would get into a pattan booooooring anyway i remember maybe last week or the week before he dint want to know you he was with his friends and he dint want you around ? he plays pool and dint want you there ? why if he loves you like you said he wouldnt mind you going to pool with him would he?

S.D:cool:
    Slinky is right your a teen have fun your friend has got the right idea ! i mean mr right do me a favor by the time your 30 your be fed up with him maybe? i dont think there is such a thing is there?
    I think its possible. Although with your first love you do think it'll last forever & there can't possibly be anyone else out there for you. You grow up so much between say 16 and 20 that you may not be the same people who fell in love in a few years' time. But then again you can grow together and still stay together. Sounds to me like your friend's a little jealous to me... ignore it & enjoy your relationship.
    Hiya im not saying she should throw it away just she is still young and i think its hard to say you have found mr right her friend is out having fun and living life to the full you only live once you should enjoy it !

Originally posted by SLINKY GUY
    Hiya im not saying she should throw it away just she is still young and i think its hard to say you have found mr right her friend is out having fun and living life to the full you only live once you should enjoy it !

The word fun varies if i was out worrying who and what im sleeping with waking up the next morning wondering if i was pregnant or had some STI etc and in a couple of months time not having a clue whos baby i was carrying i woulndnt call that much fun and believe me my mate has been through that. You can live life to the full but when you have a baby or find that you are ill with and STD then how fun is it then? when parents find ouit what you have been up to how fun is it then?

Im am true to my parents i dont say im going somewhere when i ma not i want my parents trust to remain.
    I am enjoying my self as of yet i would not be allowed out without my boyf im under 18 and my mum and dad disagre with getting drunk. im not going behind their backs to have 'fun' i enjoy the time i spend with my boyfriend and when im not with him im trying to make a future and do my alevels to get into uni. you cant say im not having fun because i am. We do have problems but we are strong enough to discuss them and decide a compromise. no one can judge our relationship and you cannot say im not having fun 99.9% of the time i spend with him are the happiest days of my life.
    Right well maybe your friend is not fortunate enough to have a boyfriend and that is why she goes out has fun and ends up sleeping with someone. Nobody is the same if you have found mr right well done but at the end of the day everyone is different your friend is having a great time by the sound of it and if your happy the way you are then thats great

S.G:cool:
    Mr Right at 16

Devil - be positive! Things can go wrong, but they can, and do, go right. Some people find that they grow away from their partner as they both go into their twenties, and sometimes this can end the relationship. It happened to me, but not to my friends. Now I'm a bit older I've met a much better person for me, and I'm a lot happier with the whole relationship - getting married soon. You can and will be happy!