Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Curly hair HELP!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there everyone ^^

I am so sick of my hair acting up and I dont have a lot of money (or patience!) to keep trying out different products on it!

So would anyone be able to suggest a good mousse or something to use on fine hair?

My hair looks bad with any 'heavy' product in it and I dont like the 'wet' or crunchy look some can give :/

I let it air dry or use a diffuser on a low heat setting and it usually looks pretty nice and textured but... The frizz drives me maaaad! Even with Frizz Free cream. Its just such a rebel *pout*

So any advice would be love xx

Comments

• Options
    If your hair is thick too then a keratin treatment would do wonders. It gets your hair really soft and shiny, no frizz whatsoever. My sister had really thick, curly and frizzy hair so she got a keratin treatment done months ago and her hair is still smooth. It looks great. She got one online called Cocoa Keratin and it lasts for like 5 months, which is really good because most last for like 3. With any keratin treatment, you have to use keratin shampoos and conditioners to keep the effect going. But it's a really good idea to get one, you can just wash your hair and go.

Another option is to use a product called Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan oil, its a heat protectant and a deep conditioner AND an anti-frizz serum. Its worth the price :)
  • Options
    ky - this one n7537-ky_liquid_personal_lubricant-N7537.jpg%3Fo%3Dl7NzK$kIzw9ea2qALUOuD$kRzBYj%26V%3DSywW%26w%3D250%26h%3D250%26r%3D2

You probably don't have to dish out for the fancy warming tingling lube for your hair ;)

Not joking. I forget where I read it, but I tried it and it worked nicely (I have out of control frizzy waves) and it didn't weigh it down, kept the frizz down and didn't leave it greasy or crunchy looking.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions and help c:
    I'll take a look at those products and reviews and what not!

I'm... not too sure about the KY though... I would feel pretty silly if I put it on my hair and people were like HAH ONLY JOKING CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID IT... xD
  • Options
    I've got really thick afro kinda hair which drives me mad and is usually straightened! But i find if when its wet u towel dry it and put a tiny amount of wax on the curls it stops it going too big and static looking, used wax and moose to do this for agers :)