Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A letter to a lost loved one

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

Have you ever written a letter to someone you love? or someone you lost?
My friend megan passsed away a few months ago and I was really having a difficult time missing her and needing her so I had the idea to write a letter to her...which i actually felt helped a little...so thought I'd share that on here

Dear Megan,

You passed away on April 30th 2012 at just 18, You’d only been an adult for 6 days, I couldn’t believe it when I out I was talking to you just the night before, I remember where I was when I found out stood with Natalie, She supported me I didn’t cry at first I just went ‘oh’ cause it didn’t hit me till the night. I’ll never really understand the reason you chose to end your own life, I told you I’d always be there for you, I told you to speak to a counsellor I even give you websites of people who would help, I guess I was just too late, Depression is a pain, Depression is horrible, but Imagine in a few years’ time you could of looked back and gone “Look I survived that” I’m not one of those it gets better people, I hate it when people say it to me, Your confidence was low your moods was low and everyday it hurt me to watch your struggle with depression and anorexia, but In the words of rascal flats “Who told you life wasn’t worth the fight” Darling, if it wasn’t for life struggles would it all be worth it? The thing about life is it’s not easy nobody gets out of it alive.

Since you’ve been gone things have changed now, the conversations we had have become a memory the laughs we had also, it’s never going to be the same without you nobody will ever be able to replace you, you’re special to me. Through everything you went through you always kept smiling the bullying badly damaged you but you carried on spreading positivity and offering a listening ear for everyone having a bad day. You told me to never give up, keep my chin up and carry on being the happy smiley bubbly random person I am.

I miss you Megan, I wish you could come back. I promise I’ll never forget you, Rest in Peace one of the most amazing people I ever met. I’ll see you some day.

Love

EmilyJade

Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My brother died 6 years ago and we all wrote our own letters to him that when in the coffin with him when he was cremated. I dont know if i believe in heaven or if he 'ever got to read it' but it definately helped me
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think if someone suddenly dies like suicide or an accident that can be the hardest. Thats why I thnk writing tis to megan helped a lot.