Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My Girlfriend is pregnant and am in love with someone else

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a girlfriend whom I have been dating for almost 4yrs now. She is 28yrs old of age and our relationship has not be great. So much for quarreling and fighting and I can't tell if am even in love with her or not. She is 6months pregnant for me and am actually seeing another girl whom I seem to feel comfortable staying with. I don't want anything to happen to my baby but I also cannot leave my new gf. We've been seeing for about 1yr now and she is also aware that my other gf whom she believed was my ex is pregnant for me. I lied to my pregnant gf that I traveled out on a trip and my problem now is that my new gf doesn't want me to see my other gf again or else she would leave me and my pregnant gf is suspicious that I may be with my new gf. They knew each other through facebook but I kept lying to my pregnant gf that I don't have anyone again and I don't see my new gf anymore.

Am really confused on What to do.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So your "old" girlfriend is six months pregnant, but you've been with your other girlfriend for one year? lol

The whole mess is your own doing, because you don't know how to man up and leave someone you're obviously not happy with, and have to cheat. Time to deal with the consequences.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i suspect its his long term girlfriend that will be dealing with the consequences, not him unfortunately.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi davykw,

Glad you've found TheSite.

You've told us you're in two relationships - one with a 28 year-old who is pregnant (not sure of the age relevance here - is that a bit older than you? - you don't mention the age of the other girl you're seeing) who you say you're unsure of your feelings for and another who you say you're much more comfortable with. At the moment, you're lying to both of them about this situation.

It's clear you're finding it difficult to do the right thing here, but the fact you've posted shows a glimmer of hope that you do want to.

It sounds like at the moment, you do have more loyalty to the second woman in your life but that you can't find the strength to make a decision. I just wondered what you think would happen if you were to come clean with the pregnant girlfriend and tell her you have feelings for someone else? You say you're worried about something happening to your baby, so I was just wondering what you think that might be?

At this point, you have the opportunity to put all your feelings down to figure out how you can act for the best - so do let us know more about what's going on in your head.
  • ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Relationships are hard. There are so many feelings and emotions flying around that sometimes it gets confusing. But you have put yourself in this situation, if you had broken up with your pregnant girlfriend when you started seeing the other girl then at least there wouldn't have been a baby to consider.
    If you don't know how you feel about someone, then you shouldn't have unprotected sex with them.
    If you had split up with your pregnant girlfriend when you first started seeing your other girlfriend you could have worked out how you really felt about her.

Like helen asked, what do you think she will do? It could make things worse if she finds out you have been cheating from another source. You have to work out what you really want before you decide anything.