Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling fat but can't stop eating crap

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel like I am going towards being the size of a house. I'm only 5'1 and my size 14 clothes are sometimes tight. I've ended up wearing lots of stretchy stuff because my medication makes me bloat and it messes with my blood sugar levels (makes them lower than usual) so I end up eating whatever makes me feel good and I often end up over eating.

I know that I should be eating healthily but I can't seem to break my emotional eating patterns and I'm becoming a bit obsessive about it - mentally beating myself up about it after every meal. I'm also compulsively picking spots all over my body - I've already scarred my upper arms from years of picking at them, but again I just can't stop when I can see a spot.

What do I do?

Comments

• Options
    Plan a meal diary? Nail down your three major meals with exactly what they're going to be, butgive yourself treats and rewards as part of it.

I.E.

Breakfast - Porrige with blueberries
    Lunch - Soup with two slices of bread and some salad
    Dinner - a chicken breast with mashed potatoes and mixed veg

Plus, 4 chocolate bars to eat as you want them.

or something.
  • Options
    Thats a good idea. Theres no point trying to deprive yourself of anything unhealthy because you'll crave it so bad that you'll eventually give in and binge and feel worse than you did before. Planning what you'll eat and limiting yourself to a little bit of junk food a day would be useful
  • Options
    I do exactly the same thing!!!!! It is so frustrating - I find that different things work for me at different times. For instance; I either have to not allow myself any treats because complete avoidance results in no temptation. Or I allow myself low fat alternatives - I am an absolute chocoholic - it is my downfall so I allow myself a low fat chocolate mousse or a chocolate cereal bar as they are much lower in calories :) Also, I meal plan for the week - that way I know I have the right ingredients to make healthy meals and I also stock up on fruit so I have no excuse not to eat healthy snacks!!
  • Options
    hey Miss_Riot i know what you are feeling and i'm feeling worse:( i am fat and overweight ,size 23 or more don't know exactly.:(
    I eat lots of things most of them unhealty. I am addicted to anything that have to do with sweets and chocolate.
    When i'm having bad days i end up eating twice as much and these days that is often.:(
    Tried too many diets but they didn't work.
    i'm too messy with my apperence and i wish that i can change :crying: because like this no one finds me attractive. And i don't have any friends, well who wants to hang out with someone ugly and don't know how to take care of her apperence.:crying:
  • Options
    have you thought about a GI focussed diet, such as the IPD to try and get your blood sugar more stable, and maybe a chromium supplement?
    Do you take any supplements?
  • Options
    I have tried the Patrick holford diets and I find them almost impossible to stick to because it just makes me crave everything more, and everything seems to take forever to cool on those diets - no quick pasta or anything, and the portion sizes felt so tiny! It's difficult when I'm not really able to cook for myself, so it ends up being fruit, cereal, and things I can just grab. I tend to try to stay away from ready meals and sweets when I can but I just end up craving it. When its in front of me I just can't help myself. I'm maybe only having a takeaway twice a month and sweets maybe a couple of times a week, but it feels like too much. I just feel so guilty afterwards!