Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Transcript from expert self harm chat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For those of you that missed this last week here's what went on - Karina answered questions on distraction techniques, what really counts as self harm and how to take steps to getting face-to-face support.. and more :)

http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/chatarchive/selfharmchat

*All names have been changed to protect people's identities

Comments

• Options
    I am loving the name changes :yum:
  • Options
    How come there are name changes? Is there normally name changes when the transcript gets published?
  • Options
    How come there are name changes? Is there normally name changes when the transcript gets published?

We're doing it more now as the norm when we publish the transcripts as people often ask that their names are changed. It may be that someone asks about something in an expert chat that you wouldn't in a normal chat or on the boards so people sometimes feel a bit exposed if it gets published with their normal username. This way it keeps everyone safe and anonymous. Hope that makes sense? :)
  • Options
    Yeah it makes sense. I just got very confused reading it through, and was like what did I say in the chat hahaha.. It took me a while to realize. it's all good though I can fully understand :)
  • Options
    Yeah it makes sense. I just got very confused reading it through, and was like what did I say in the chat hahaha.. It took me a while to realize. it's all good though I can fully understand :)

:thumb:
  • Options
    Haha... I still don't know how to type certain smilies on the discussion boards... haha.. I don't know the shortcuts to most of them.. (thumbs up back) hi5 LOL