Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

cellulite issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:s

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    clothes sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, most likely youre a size 8 to 10. im a size 10-12.
    Its silly to cry over cellulite, practically every woman has got it to some extent, so it would be more surprising if you didnt have any. It sounds to me like your mum putting you down is the real issue here. maybe shes just a bit blunt and doesnt realise that it hurts your feelings. Just ignore it, you know that youre slim, maybe your mum is jealous of your youth and figure? i know i am;)

ps the best rememdy for cellulite is to drink lots and lots of water (as near to 2 litres as you can) if you dont like water, drink squash.
    Show me a girl who has a pair of trousers that fit perfectly and I'll....erm, throw things at her. Look, you're a woman and women have hips. Most of us have the problem of things fitting in one place and well, not fitting in others. It's normal.
    Why is your mother commenting on your so-called 'orange peel?' Now really, that is not the best way to inspire confidence in your offspring. Kindly tell her to mind her own buissness next time, I shouldn't imagine she'd fancy you pointing out her saggy bits.

Aaaaaaaaanyway. Orange peel. Hrm. How do you get rid of it? Well, no one really knows. Take a look at every womens magazine on the shelf and they are all asking the same question. Fat people get it, skinny people get it, it is totally normal.
    Exercise will probably help, as will drinking lots of water and eating healthily. Some women swear by body brushing and exfoliating, some have more money than sense and buy expensive creams.

I shouldn't worry too much about it (easier said than done, maybe) but it really isn't that big a deal. Most women have it to some extent. Just make sure you are healthy within yourself and be sure to let me know if you find that elusive pair of trousers that fit.
    What you need to do is this:

Shoot your mum
    Cellulite is mainly down to poor circulation so when I had a lot I had a shower then brought these things from The Body Shop, you wear them like gloves and whenever you wash they exfoliate you in the shower. When you massage the areas affected, use circular motions to increase circulation to the area. I use this cocoa butter afterwards and after a couple of weeks sticking to it, you will notice a difference. Try to drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day, and I would start exercising because that is the best way to get rid of it.
    I have, like you, stayed the same weight for years (from the age of 16!) and I have cellulite. I weigh under 8 stone so cellulite isn't about weight, gaining or losing.

The best way is to buy a body brush which helps to break it up, because it is to do with fat deposits under the skin. You can start doing something about it considering you are young, as I suppose the older you get the harder it is to "break it up".

I don't personally think the creams work - plus they are expensive too.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't!!:)
    apparently, as quoted on GMTV!, drinking a lot of water is meant to really help cos it flushes out all the toxins and apparently a loufer (sp?) rubed onto the skin can also help

love missx
    Sounds like your mum's jealous of you being thinner than her. 7st9 is nothing! Cellulite is hereditary, its nothing to do with being fat. I'm 10stone & don't have it but have lots of fat on me that you don't! Nothing beats a healthy diet, exercise and drinking plenty of water.
    I think exercise is definitely the answer. I've also always been able to eat whatever I want and not gain any weight. I've been a size 4 and 10 stone for 4yrs. A couple of years ago, I started to get cellulite on the backs of my thighs and my ass. I wasn't happy at all. My mum even told me I was looking a little chubby the first time I came home after leaving for uni. I've always been a swimmer, but didn't really taken it very seriously my first year at uni. I started to lift weights almost on a daily basis and run every night and it's completely gone. I don't think any woman is completely free of it. Now all I do is lift weights a few times a week and swim, but the swim training I'm doing is very intense, so I'm managing to prevent cellulite.

I would say start going to a gym...do lunges with dumbbells and ask others which machines are good for the hamstring/glutes areas.

I would encourage running on a daily basis. Although I only go running maybe once every two months, running is something I think just about everyone can do, whereas swimming is not.
    oops...didnt mean completely gone...meant almost gone.