Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help? **Triggering**

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reena wrote: »
    How long have you been on them? They may need time to settle in your system.
    Would you be able to change them?

Only a day but I woke up to a rash from where I've had an allergic reaction to them which I've had before. Going to the Drs today to request some alternative...they were prescribed by the dentist though so no idea if they can change them...?They also make me really drowsy and I feel constantly sick...
  • Options
    Are you on mental health meds? What are you on and what dosage? Give me a PM if you don't want to post on the boards but it's something I've become a slight expert on now... been through quite a few of them.

Normally it'll take 2 to 3 weeks for the meds to settle down, and then your side effects will lessen and the meds will start working.
    I will say though, it is not very likely you could kill yourself with mental health medication. You'll just get horrible side effects, so please don't try it. I ended up in hospital hooked up to an ECG machine because my heart beat wouldn't slow down. It's awful.

Don't give up, you are a wonderful person with so much going for you. I know things are really difficult, but there are people who can help you through this :heart:

Sorry I didn't see your post before I replied! No it's antibiotics for my tooth! Only taken one and had horrible side effects/allergic reaction.

Thanks...I don't really feel it...I feel like I just let everyone down at the moment. :(
  • Options
    Have you spoken to your doctor about possibly going on anti-depressants or something? It could really help you. It's not a long term fix, but while things are really bad it might be something to try? *hug*
  • Options
    I have an appt next week so I guess I'll speak to him about it then. Here goes my next panic attack...these things are so uncontrollable :(
  • Options
    Deep breaths, in through your nose for 8 seconds, out through your mouth for 10 seconds. Keep breathing like that, with your eyes closed if you can.
  • Options
    Thank you B-A I appreciate the support :) x
  • Options
    Keep breathing like that till you feel calmer :) it is a really useful technique. Also, breathing into a paper bag- but if you don't have a paper bag then cup your hands over your mouth and nose and breathe into your cupped hands through your mouth.
  • Options
    Big huggles for you little one, we're all here and listening. If we could be there to take care of you for a bit you know we would in a flash.

You know how I like my stories - did I tell you about the stranger who was so unbelievably kind to me when I was absolutely destitute in the street?
  • Options
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    Big huggles for you little one, we're all here and listening. If we could be there to take care of you for a bit you know we would in a flash.

You know how I like my stories - did I tell you about the stranger who was so unbelievably kind to me when I was absolutely destitute in the street?

Thank you - I really do appreciate it. I saw a new GP today regarding my tooth but she thought I was there about everything else and I felt really comfortable talking to her and had a long conversation about my panic attacks. She's told me to go back in a week if things dont improve to discuss it a bit more as my tooth was my main concern today. My manager has also sent me home to rest.

I think so briefly? When you were at uni?
  • Options
    Can't do it..,just had enough...I'm too exhausted to keep this up :(
  • Options
    Hi WhiteLillies :wave:

Sorry to hear about how you are feeling *hug*

What is it that is making you feel like you can't do it and had enough of? I noticed from your last couple of posts that you have been suffering with panic attacks, are you still getting them?

Also noticed you had problems with your tooth, how is it?

Keep us posted with how you are, you know where we are :heart:

purple_rain :)
  • Options
    Not long till your Cruse appointment now dear - hang on and have some virtual huggles!!
  • Options
    I'm failing my degree, I'm useless at work and I've just had enough :banghead:

The panic attacks have continued but the toothache is being resolved and has calmed down :)
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    I'm failing my degree, I'm useless at work and I've just had enough :banghead:

The panic attacks have continued but the toothache is being resolved and has calmed down :)

Have you spoken to someone about your degree? Would there be a way to make it up? Any extensions? Sabbaticals?
    Glad your tooth is better xx. *hug*
  • Options
    Reena wrote: »
    Have you spoken to someone about your degree? Would there be a way to make it up? Any extensions? Sabbaticals?
    Glad your tooth is better xx. *hug*

I asked for an extension but need a doctors note...My manager is writing me a statement to see if they will accept that instead but we'll see...I just want to give it all up...
  • Options
    I asked for an extension but need a doctors note...My manager is writing me a statement to see if they will accept that instead but we'll see...I just want to give it all up...

Sorry hun, wish I could make you feel better. xx :heart: *hug* :heart:
  • Options
    Don't be sorry...it's not your fault I'm a mess and can't sort myself out. I guess some things aren't worth fighting for :(
  • Options
    It is ALWAYS worth fighting for. You just need to learn to recognise when you're in the moments you've been fighting for.

It's not your fault that you're feeling like a mess either. You're not a mess - you're going through a major negative life event and it will affect you in many ways.
  • Options
    Thanks...I guess I just need constant reassurance that its normal to feel like this...I get points where I just think I can't possibly still feel like this...
  • Options
    I burst into tears on Sunday, after my nephew's christening. I was chatting to by brother-in-law about, something or other, and we got onto talking about my mum. She died in 1996, it's been a fucking long time. But he was talking about a conversation that they'd had, in french, because my mum didn't speak italian and he didn't speak english. She was effectively vetting him as appropriate, then we talked about a skiing holiday that happened just after she died. It didn't occur to me that we'd done it to give Daddy some space.

But, the end of it is, I started to cry, because I don't remember. There will be times when you will feel this way, and they'll be happening in 15 years.

Not particularly encouraging perhaps, but honest. It's normal, it hurts, it will hurt approximately forever, on and off.
  • Options
    True words from Fiend there. And they're not necessarily sad words. You will learn to accept that you're sad sometimes, but you'll also eventually know that these sometimes are occasional, and *usually* don't last very long, and are a natural human reaction to something that has affected us.

But you'll also notice that you have happy remembrances, fond remembrances, and that whilst you will miss them, you're still able to live and enjoy.

Have you looked into support groups in your area so that you can connect in person with others who've gone through this?
  • Options
    Yeah true - I think I need to learn to accept its always going to have an impact - I guess thats hard to imagine because at the moment I imagine it feeling like this...whereas in reality it won't be quite as overwhelming or for quite as long.

No - I really couldn't face that - it freaks me out talking one-to-one with a counsellor - I just couldn't do a group thing - I'm not ruling it out completely but maybe in the future...
  • Options
    No - I really couldn't face that - it freaks me out talking one-to-one with a counsellor - I just couldn't do a group thing - I'm not ruling it out completely but maybe in the future...

It might help just being around others in the same position. Or hearing about how they cope.
    I don't think you would have to speak unless you wanted to. xx *hug*
  • Options
    If I didn't have to talk I would go :)

Something the counsellor at Cruse said to me today is really bugging me and I don't know what to do about it...:confused:
  • Options
    What did the counselor say? Maybe we could help. xx
  • Options
    Something along the lines of:

"People who take their own life made the decision ages ago. They switched off from reality and had two answers left to find; how and when? They work out the how and then the when is just a matter of how long they can keep going for in their switched off state".

Devastated :crying:

Goes against what I've believed for the past 9 months.
  • Options
    First time hearing that. It sounds like how I was.
    I wasn't me, I wasn't in reality. I was stuck in a world of negativity, and couldn't escape my own lies. "I'm worthless. Not worth helping. I'm just taking up space in the world. I can't do anything right. Pathetic. No-one cares. No-one loves me." Until I was at the point of thinking; "I can't take it anymore. Why can't I just die? Let me die. I want to die." -That soon became a daily occurrence. I wasn't in reality anymore, I decided to die, even made plans, just hadn't picked when. I was living in a world of my own lies.
    The day I took the first step to getting better was unexpected. I was still in that place but somehow I felt okay telling someone. I'm not sure how. With my mother sitting next to me, while I was in floods of tears I asked for help without really intending to.

I don't know if what I've said has helped at all, but I think it depends on how you look at it. Hope this helps a little. :heart: *hug* :heart:
  • Options
    I had in my head what were logical assumptions for what happened leading up to it. I couldn't accept my assumptions and I am definitely having difficulty processing the fact that he planned it a long time ago...It just intensifies my guilt because I didn't see it coming...not until it was too late and even then I ignored it in the hope it would go away...what have I done :crying:
  • Options
    Nothing. You aren't to blame for anything.
    I think the only person who can do something is the one who is suffering. You can't stop someone, whatever another person does it's there own choice, their actions.
    Who's to say, if you tried it might not have made a difference. You can't keep thinking what if?
    And the fact about planning it for so long, some people are good at hiding how they really feel. In school my best friend told us she was on anti-depressants, we had no idea. She was always life and soul, happy and smiling, but for months had been depressed. I felt guilty for not noticing, but these days I see how I couldn't notice because I was wrapped up in my own depression. *hug*
  • Options
    I'm just a mess...:crying: