Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help ASAP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm shaking, I'm shaking a lot, I can only just control my hands but I can barely type, I don't know whats happening but I havn't got any anger, am I having a heart attack or is it a break down my heart is fucking going bad. What do I do?

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    MindOvRot wrote: »
    I'm shaking, I'm shaking a lot, I can only just control my hands but I can barely type, I don't know whats happening but I havn't got any anger, am I having a heart attack or is it a break down my heart is fucking going bad. What do I do?

Do you think it might be a panic attack? How's your head and vision? Do you have any tightness in your chest?
    Is there any pain? Usually heart attacks have tightness, or pain, sometimes in the arm.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reena wrote: »
    Do you think it might be a panic attack? How's your head and vision? Do you have any tightness in your chest?
    Is there any pain? Usually heart attacks have tightness, or pain, sometimes in the arm.

Nothing, I felt nothing, my chest started hurting and I had a huge rush of manic happyness. My hands wouldn't keep still. I had a lot of pain in my leg and my arms felt really heavy.
    It sounds a lot like a panic attack. Take some deep breaths, in your nose for 8 and out your mouth for 10.
    Has this never happened before? It might be worth seeing a medical professional on Monday and speaking to them about it :) *hug* here if you need a chat.
    MindOvRot wrote: »
    Nothing, I felt nothing, my chest started hurting and I had a huge rush of manic happyness. My hands wouldn't keep still. I had a lot of pain in my leg and my arms felt really heavy.

Can you lift your head up? Can you move at all without struggling? Is anyone with you?
    You should probably call a doctor or go to A&E just to make sure you're okay.
    It could be a panic attack, I think there are small ones and big ones. With mine, I felt like I couldn't breath, tightness in my chest, everything felt to heavy to lift, my head was spinning and my vision went blurry.
    Take some deep breaths (just to see if it is one) -In through the nose, out through the mouth, breath out as long as you can, keep doing it until you feel calmer. You can count too if you want.
    Well, I have a social worker? Something like that, i'll probably tell him next Friday and I've had shakes before but not these powerful. I have had some energy drinks but that's all, it came on so violently and now I have a overdose of manic happiness, A feeling which is hard to explain, it's like a complete depletion of care and a huge amount of confidence. It's almost like a new boundary of insanity.
    The energy drinks could be the cause...I drank one once - sugar free so not that bad but I had what can only be described as the worst panic attack I've had yet - I thought I was dying - quite literally...My heart wouldn't stop racing and I went manically happy at one point...Make sure you stay safe x
    Reena wrote: »
    Can you lift your head up? Can you move at all without struggling? Is anyone with you?
    You should probably call a doctor or go to A&E just to make sure you're okay.
    It could be a panic attack, I think there are small ones and big ones. With mine, I felt like I couldn't breath, tightness in my chest, everything felt to heavy to lift, my head was spinning and my vision went blurry.
    Take some deep breaths (just to see if it is one) -In through the nose, out through the mouth, breath out as long as you can, keep doing it until you feel calmer. You can count too if you want.

I can lift my head up but at one point I felt the need to lower it for 10-15 seconds. I can move freely. Noone is with me, i'm in a dark room. It first started when I felt a huge rush of fear and adrenaline. I had fear but I wasn't conscious of anything to fear. I am still a bit shaky and I feel really heavy. I'm having a bit of cold sweating.
    I'm getting a paranoid that something is on the stair because it keeps creaking and there is noises of something moving on the stairs, I feel like something is coming for me or watching me right now. My heart feels weird, almost like its growing in my chest. I also feel angry for no reason. I usually do but.... Fuck.. I can't even be bothered to type.
    OMFG I can hear a song but there's no way it could be playing! It's playing through my speakers but there's nothing that could be possibly playing it! WTF¬!?!? Is it me or?
    Nevermind, it's playing through IMVU.
    Try the breathing exercise, it should help calm you at least a little. xx
    I just want to snap at something, break through my own skin and release myself as terror, destruction and hatred. (You can all ignore me now, i'm just going to type random blabberish.)
    I feel heavier and heavier, I feel the need to sleep. It's not even that late, I was full of energy a few moment ago.
    I still have half a bottle of energy drink, I won't stop drinking. If it happens then I guess this is goodbye for when it comes.
    Hi MindOvRot

Sounds like it was a bit tough for you this evening.

How are things now, have they gotten any better.

Did you have a chance to speak to someone or get some rest.

Good support from Reena and Broken-Angel :thumb:

Check in and let us know how things are going for you.

It's difficult to know if you were having a panic attack earlier but have you checked the section on TheSite re; Panic Attacks. It has some helpful info around regaining control if you think you might be having one. That might be worth checking out below.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/panicattacks

Phil:thumb:
    I think it's either a panic attack or a psychotic episode (which can come with panic/anxiety anyway). You need to speak to a doctor on Monday, or if it gets any worse phone out of hours today.
    Panic attacks can be very severe things, they can last anything from a few minutes to a few hours if nothing is done to stop them. It's quite a common thing, I think most people will have at least one or two in their lifetime, but if it becomes frequent you'll probably need to go on some kind of medication while therapy is used to find the route cause.

Psychosis is different. It can last days, weeks even. You might see or hear things that aren't there, or feel things touching you that aren't there (I often get the sense I'm on fire or being chased). Psychosis is awful, and you need to see a doctor straight away if you think it's that. Often, you wont be able to remember the whole of a psychotic episode, if mine go on for a few days I can only remember minutes.

Either way, keep doing the breathing exercise I suggested if it happens again. Try and remember that your fear is irrational, there is nothing to fear, and see a medical professional as soon as you can.