Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Motivation Ideas???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
OK, so having been at uni for the past 3 years I should be used to this whole studying thing; however, this is my first year as an online/distant learning student and its also my final year of my degree and I have absolutely no motivation! Some of it is down to personal circumstances but I really don't want to screw up this year or postpone it if I can help it so any ideas to help motivate me would greatly appreciated...!?!

Also, due to my grades from second year (missed out on a 2:1 by less than 1% !!) and placement year not counting towards my overall grade; I really need to be achieving high 2:1's/1sts in every unit to achieve a 2:1 overall...so...no pressure or anything :impissed:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do a big sheet calendar on the wall of all coursework and deadline. Then mark off milestones and when you need to start. Tick off as you go and put up when you get results. Reward yourself with something real when you get shit done.
  • Options
    Whenever I need to be spurred to do what I know I need to do (but don’t want to do it) I listen to a few inspirational stories – they always manage to cheer up me and spur me on! Here’s the latest one -
  • Options
    Allocated study time and free time - much like you'd have a timtable if you weren't a distant learning student.

Also, bribe your self.
  • Options
    Time has value and its allocation is very important for every one.Specially in today's more dynamic work it is more important to manage time to be more successful.