Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Breast growth and tenderness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok slightly embarassing question :blush:but i dont want to keep bothering my gp all the time.
Some of you will know i am transitioning from male to female and have been on hormones etc for a while now, i was told to expect some soreness when my breasts began to develop and wow that was an under statement. I just wondered if any of you girls experianced similar pain and if its really normal, generaly they are a little tender but my nipples and areolas are really really sore to the the point where i cant even consider not wearing a bra and even then they feel very sore.
Any advice is this normal ? sorry its a bit of a akward question i know.
Also i am worried about stretch marks i have been trying to moisturize every day with cocoa butter do you think it helps?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    First off, tenderness is totally normal, mine where always achy.. sort of like a dull constant pain, but I suppose it can be different for everyone. BUT if this is getting in the way of your daily life, as in it hurts so much you can't do anything, then you need to go and see you GP.
    For me, a couple of paracetamol normally sort it out, and a good old curl up on the sofa and feel sorry for yourself with a hot water bottle and cup of tea helps too! :)
    As for stretch marks, it's quite pricey, but bio-oil is the best option :) apply it twice a day every day and they'll soon fade!
    OH, and remember to moisturise your nipples, they can get dry and flaky!
    I've got stretch marks on my boobs where I've put on weight.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I've got stretch marks on my boobs where I've put on weight.

Same :yes: and the inside of my thighs
    I think stretch marks kind of comes with the being female territory.
    I think stretch marks kind of comes with the being female territory.

:yes:

So does soreness, especially when my hormones are disrupted (which is what will be going on for you, I expect). As others have said, if it's unbearable you can see your GP but even now (a fair way beyond puberty!) I find that sometimes I experience the kind of pain you describe.

There's a really good - somewhat technical - article from Gires on Progesterone in trans women.
    Thanks as usual great responses from you, i am so so greatful for all your support over the last few years :)
    I am not going to bother my gp i guess its just something i will have to put up with for a while, its early days so i guess i should expect some uncomfy times. I am so pleased with the developments it makes it all worth while anyway, i am taking pain killers and using a wheat bag which is helping.
    I will wear my stretch marks with pride lol
    Louisek wrote: »
    I will wear my stretch marks with pride lol

You go girl :thumb:
    You go girl :thumb:

:yes: Awesome Louise!
    I get sore breasts too, which I find be more painful than my periods, which can be pretty painful.