Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Only driver is me so...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I need to make sure that I have a ride to get to and from my wisdom teeth extraction surgery. My grandma who I live with can't drive me. My mom lives in another city and dad is overseas. My uncle who I never see says he'll help me with anything that I need help with. But really he wasn't helping my grandma go to her appointments before I came to live with her. So I believe that he is just avoiding her. I know he was avoiding seeing me when my parents were around because he told me. I was dating someone but now we broke up. He might still give me a ride. I am dating someone else which makes it kind of complicated. The person I am dating right now has a drivers license but no car. I really dislike not having a family. So any advice for my situation?

Comments

• Options
    Get a taxi.
  • Options
    Yes get a taxi.
  • Options
    Are you getting them taken out under sedation? As with that you need a responsible person to look after your for 24 hours after having it done. Could you not go by taxi but take a friend with you? Maybe bribe (in a good way, of course) them with something nice :)
  • Options
    Try the local Volunteer Bureau. Most will have a volunteer driver scheme where you only pay their costs, therefore cheaper than taxi. They are also used to making hospital trips because that's what they are mainly used for.
  • Options
    Hmmm thank you