Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A parenting fail of epic proportions!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Also, did you really need that many !'s in the title? Grammar fail of epic proportions. :)

:yeees: nitpick much?
    JoeLeeFTW wrote: »
    :yeees: nitpick much?

I'm just judging you on your grammar, the way you're judging a women on one Facebook post.
    I'm just judging you on your grammar, the way you're judging a women on one Facebook post.

try again... my grammar doesn't compare to giving up a child so I can "keep a guy". Good work though. Keep it up.
    *sighs* My point was you can't just judge someone over what you see on the internet...
    *sighs* My point was you can't just judge someone over what you see on the internet...

*sigh* .... good god, it's pretty straight forward what she was saying.
    JoeLeeFTW wrote: »
    *sigh* .... good god, it's pretty straight forward what she was saying.

If you'd like to think that, then that's your narrow minded decision.
    If you'd like to think that, then that's your narrow minded decision.

no, that's an obvious opinion.
    Whatever you say... :rolleyes:
    Whatever you say... :rolleyes:

Thanks... I appreciate it.
    Interestingly, I read "sooo hard to keep a guy" to be about keeping her little boy, and not about finding a boyfriend.
    Would you have the same problem if a woman gave up her child when he/she had just been born?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    piccolo wrote: »
    Interestingly, I read "sooo hard to keep a guy" to be about keeping her little boy, and not about finding a boyfriend.

Really?

I accept there may be much more to the story but I can only form opions on what we see and from what I've seen I don't think too much of this girl. Without knowing any other facts her statment is pretty fucked up tbh.
    Weekender Offender 
    Okay, let's assume that her "keeping a guy" means that she cannot keep a boyfriend. Then let's assume that this is partly why she wants to give the child up for fostering.

Just a couple of thoughts...

1. Has anyone sitting in judgement ever tried to work, go to school and look after children? Trust me, I have. It's too much and I had a partner who took the majority of the care role. Would you recommend that she should have aborted instead? Maybe quit her job? Stop schooling?
    2. Is no-one prepared to comment on the fact that blokes apparently (based on her comment) seem to have a problem with her having a kid? Let's face it, that's a pretty common issue